AEC "Dorchester" (1/35 AFV Club) (Put that light back on!!)

APA

Hi A just catching up with your build after too long, sorry, just stellar work on the internals, you really have mastered this kit and shown it who's master! I did not know he had captured one let alone three so very interesting.

Off to turn up the volume and find my Apocalypse film :thumbsup:

Stay safe

Derek

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robert Armstrong said:

Yeah, I was at 19 Mech with Tony OToole and he told me something similar. I am transferring over from the wargaming community, as I'm finding I enjoy building and painting stuff rather than gaming. 

Good move. You won't regret it. Don't forget to do a WIP for your builds, and if you need any help with a build, just ask and there's bound to be somebody who can help.

John.

When I started back on the modelling road I thought it would be all tanks but it's turned out I much prefer the wheeled kind. Those 'other' branches mostly in support. I think it's easier to relate to them such as supplies, engineering, recovery etc even this Dorchester as it's basically an office. They can all be looked at as civilian professions in camo. 

A

1 hour ago, APA said:

When I started back on the modelling road I thought it would be all tanks but it's turned out I much prefer the wheeled kind. Those 'other' branches mostly in support. I think it's easier to relate to them such as supplies, engineering, recovery etc even this Dorchester as it's basically an office. They can all be looked at as civilian professions in camo. 

A

I agree with you. I've got a growing number of soft skins in the stash, and I've just discovered a load of drawings as well. The only thing that puts me off of scratch building some, is the wheels. Some are available through the AM boys, but not all.

John.

48 minutes ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Absolutely my opinion👍

Wheeled vehicles also always have a bit of off-road or construction equipment.

I have this one in stock and am already looking forward to the build 🤗

Jesus-what a monster 😁

spacer.png

MD

I've got the thunder models version in my stash. That's not a monster, THIS is a monster...... 

😁 

A

• Like 1

Thanks John, 

I've got quite a stash, mix of aircraft and vehicles. I'm going to have to learn how to take decent photos. 

My aircraft are skewed towards those that flew from RAF Acklington, plus Harriers (I was an LTMO and we played with the Harrier squadrons regularly, I loved them) and my vehicle collection is mainly aimed at the Corps and its predecessors 

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, MajorCalloway said:

I’ve just started on this very same kit myself. Was looking for builds and found this thread. Very helpful for the excellent example of how to build it and the research you’ve done. 👍

Darren

No worries, you'll probably finish it before me😂

Andrew