1/48th AMT P-40L Warhawk, 325th FG `Chequertail Clan' USAAF.

tonyot

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

Lovely build mate, those decals on the tail don't look easy to apply but you've done a great job.

I've had issues spraying the Hataka mid stone strangely enough. The azure went on lovely, but the MS appeared to be quite grainy causing issues with the airbrush. I cleaned it out a few times in the ultrasonic bath without success.

Cheers Neil,

Yeah they were a bit fiddly but easy enough to paint and match up. I found the Hataka MS quite grainy too,...... and quite wishy washy,...... I do wish that Humbrol would release MS as a rattle can,..... it is getting like red, yellow etc to brush paint now that I`m running out of my preferred paints.

• Like 1

From one P-40 fan to another: Beautiful job!  Sorry to hear the Hataka paints weren't good for brushing b/c I love them for airbrushing.  In general I like their colors too (except for their late war Luftwaffe!).

Anyway, your research, scratchbuilding and patience with new paint has paid off! It's a build to be proud of.  Nice to see an Merlin-engined P-40 too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, opus999 said:

From one P-40 fan to another: Beautiful job!  Sorry to hear the Hataka paints weren't good for brushing b/c I love them for airbrushing.  In general I like their colors too (except for their late war Luftwaffe!).

Anyway, your research, scratchbuilding and patience with new paint has paid off! It's a build to be proud of.  Nice to see an Merlin-engined P-40 too. 

Thanks mate,.... glad you like it and so glad that the Hataka paints work for you.