B-17F Memphis Belle

72modeler

I thought many of you might enjoy this collection of 380 detail photos of the Belle during her restoration by the AFM. Not sure I am a fan of the way that she was painted, as her appearance does not coincide with the way she looked with the number of mission markers displayed.That being said, I am glad that she has been restored back to her original wartime fit. Almost as pretty as the box art on the old 1/72 Revell kit! I know there was a lot of debate and soul-searching regarding how she was going to be painted- damned if they did and damned if they didn't. An interesting mix of unpainted aluminum, yellow and tinted zinc chromate interior surfaces that they found during the disassembly. Personally, I wish they had fixed the cowl flaps in the open position.

Mike

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/195966/boeing-b-17f-memphis-belle/

• Like 8

Cheers Mike,.... some superb pics there pal. I hear what you say about the cooling gills,........ I`d like to have seen them put her on her wheels,........ but hey! They have done a superb job and the attention t detail seems very good,

Cheers

Tony