Dan Taylor Modelworks - how long to process an order?

JackG

So what is the average turnaround for those that have ordered from Dan's online shop?   Also, does he send an email to let you know when your package has been shipped?

I received a notification 4 weeks ago that my order and payment was received.   Ten days ago, I emailed for an update, but still no response - is this normal?

regards,

Jack

Hi Jack

No - dan is usually very good at responding to emails although he doesnt usually send an email to say the parcel has been sent. I've ordered from him for years with absolutely no issues.

I know he's been waiting on some OKB tracks to arrive (I have an order with him at the moment).

Like yourself I've emailed recently and had no reply. I wonder if it's an email problem. Might be worth trying the contact form on his website as I see he's updated Facebook yesterday.

Let me know if you get a response

Kind regards

Ben

Hello Ben,

Thank you for answering, looks like we have the same question, and must not be just coincidence as I too ordered some OKB tracks.   I've just sent a pm over at missing-lynx forums as it indicates he was online in the past 24 hours.  Will let you know if Dan returns the pm.

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

This is the pm received from Dan:

Apologies, my e-mail has gone crazy over the last three weeks - I think there was a number of phishing attempts or something as my system got overwhelmed. All stable again since last weekend. I've been trying to catch up but am aware that some messages likely went astray.

There had been a bit of a delay on your order as we had run out of the Manganese tracks. They arrived last week and your parcel went out straight away. Parcels to the other side of the Pond seem to be taking about one to two weeks at the minute (at least to the former colony to the south of Canada), so your wait should be over soon.

Sorry again for the confusion here. What was state of the art six years ago creeks at the seams from time to time.

All the best
Dan

Hi Jack

Entirely coincidentally my order turned up today! 

Thanks for posting this - I did think it very out of character and figured there must be a reason.

Hopefully you'll get your order soon.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1