1/32 ICM Gloster Gladiator Mk1

Epeeman

All,

Without doubt one of the best kits regarding assembly that I have experienced for a long time.   Totally enjoyable (and straightforward) build as result uncomplicated assembly and great fit throughout.   The instructions also featured one of the best, easy to follow rigging diagram that should be the standard for all biplane models.

Pretty much built OOB with just some minor detailing here and there.   This is my take on the kit for the marking option of No 72 (F) Squadron 1938.

Highly recommended kit

Regards

Dave

O9RFJ5w.jpg

CWatV1N.jpg

p5NVPnD.jpg

0LJ6uZL.jpg

BPjT4zg.jpg

ba3iRLw.jpg

7WHhnCO.jpg

• Like 70
  • Thanks 3

That really is very nice Dave, it looks real. Good to know it is a pleasurable build as I have been eyeing this very kit up for pulling from the stash for my next build.

Cheers

john

• Thanks 1

Brilliant job on that Gladiator! I'm tempted (very) to buy ICM's 1/32nd scale I-153 - if it's anywhere as nice as this, I will. And I suppose it will need some biplane company - this kit. Remarkably, the Soviets actually used some Latvian Gladiators they had 'inherited' from Latvia when they annexed that country in 1940. One of these in Soviet markings next to an I-153 would look a treat. Now where's my credit card...

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

What a beauty,...... you`ve done a magnificent job.

I have three on the go at the moment,..... two Gladiator`s and a Sea Gladiator,.... hope they come out as well.

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

Thank you all kindly, gentlemen - very much appreciated

JohnT - rigging is pretty straightforward - made easier by ICM's logical, broken down by sections that clearly show where all bracing wires should go.  For rigging this one, I used Prym knitting elastic for main wing and tail plane; Uschi fine thread for radio aerial and stretched sprue for rudder cable.

Learstang - I recently built ICM's I-153 Chaika and this is good kit but I found the lower wing to fuselage fit a bit 'loose' so needed wedging with small strips of plastic sheet and then filling to make tidy - other than that, all good.

Spitfire31 - regarding the colour of the exhaust collector ring - I used ICM's recommended Revell colour of bronze but admit it does come out more like copper unfortunately

Regards

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a great looking Gladiator. 

I would echo Spitfire31's comment regarding the collector. It can look a bit coppery sometimes, but not even coloured all over.

49527464873_d1babc6077_b.jpg

49527975216_f8b45fac40_c.jpg

49527464918_f8774d5b56_b.jpg

49495131047_36fea8b0e9_b.jpg

49494412868_a114212d76_c.jpg

Chris

• Thanks 1