Russian aircraft colours

Chr15

Hello everyone, looking at doing a few Flankers in the Russian multi blue camo scheme. Just wondering what paints people used as the kits I have mention Mr Colour numbers but was thinking of using Tamyia x, xf and maybe Hataka Orange line. Just wondering if people knew of good colour match numbers. Cheers

Akan were certainly my go to paint in the past for Russian/Eastern Bloc aircraft and I still have all their paints. However, although pricey, MRP have a good range of Flanker colours but for availability and price I’d look down the Hataka Orange line route.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Muzz

• Like 1

You have the AKAH ( in cyrillic )  AKAN  ( européan alphabet ) which are given to be really very faithful .

This is a Russian brand .

The akhan colours are given to be really very faithful  and  to have an excellent match with the real colours.

They have 3 ranges (Blue Line, Orange, line and Red Line according to your use (brush, or airbrush) and sets. .

• 4 months later...
On 18/09/2020 at 11:11, Zorglub said:

You have the AKAH ( in cyrillic )  AKAN  ( européan alphabet ) which are given to be really very faithful .

This is a Russian brand .

The akhan colours are given to be really very faithful  and  to have an excellent match with the real colours.

They have 3 ranges (Blue Line, Orange, line and Red Line according to your use (brush, or airbrush) and sets. .

You are mixing two brands: Hataka has the blue, orange and red lines, not AKAN.

3 hours ago, Nebbor said:

You are mixing two brands: Hataka has the blue, orange and red lines, not AKAN.

I apologize:

You are right, i made a mistake 🥴

I answered too quickly with these 2 brands in mind. 

Edited by Zorglub

On 02/02/2021 at 12:56, Nebbor said:

Seconded, when the link works again that is. Good cross-reference between various brands for the russian colours.

Both "resources" in the link need to be plural. Then it works fine. Like this:

http://www.theworldwars.net/resources/resources.php?r=camo_vvsmod

Cheers,

Bill

Navy Bird,

Thank You for this EXCELLENT information!  It should get me a lot closer to getting my Ruski aircraft painted correctly!

I am also hoping AKAH make (or reference) some more of their colors for a Mozambican An-74, Ka-29, and some of the interior colors for cargo planes.

Cheers,

WARDOG