King Tiger - anti mine screens in PE

Modelarium

Have got the Tamiya KT with production turret on the go & using the Aber PE set but am struggling with the anti mine mesh screens that were fitted to the forward end of the rear engine decks & sat almost directly under the turret bustle. I've formed them ok with the correct curve to them but the lugs fitting them to the deck seem to compromise the deck plates sitting astride joints. ABer show the lugs toes out which makes sense but I can't find any ref pics online that show this, were the lugs toe in & fitted from inside the mesh so to speak. 

1 hour ago, Echo66 said:

Have got the Tamiya KT with production turret on the go & using the Aber PE set but am struggling with the anti mine mesh screens that were fitted to the forward end of the rear engine decks & sat almost directly under the turret bustle. I've formed them ok with the correct curve to them but the lugs fitting them to the deck seem to compromise the deck plates sitting astride joints. ABer show the lugs toes out which makes sense but I can't find any ref pics online that show this, were the lugs toe in & fitted from inside the mesh so to speak. 

A photo would make your problem a lot clearer and make it easier for us to help.......Aber kits are usually very good.

• Like 1

I don’t have many of the engine deck, these are reasonably clear though I don’t think they answer your question:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Andy did a video build of one here:

5:32 onwards.

Edited by SimonT
Added video link
  • Like 2

Cheers for the replies & yeah no pic doesn't help but not being able to paste images into posts is a pain. I haven't used image hosting sites for years. SimonT's Aber link & post picks up the screens but the tools hide the fixing location of the lugs. I think I've sussed it after finding some hi-res versions of the B&W pics Simon posted earlier. Aber are great but sometimes the instruction graphics are very sloppy. 

• Like 1