BoB day - 80 years ago

Hello everyone,

after seeing @tonyots groups of BoB planes, I thought (I even said) I might do the same... only less big, less different types, and probably less well built.

I have no connections to the Battle of Britain, it just struck me from the beginning as a very interesting topic to know more of, and after about two decades there is still so much left to learn.

Anyway, here goes:

b04baa27b9f816cfa84d4fa4fd618bb4.jpg

None of those were built according to photographic evidence, and I apologize to the detail buffs like @Troy Smith and others who will certainly cringe because of all the little mistakes like wrong roundels (especially with the Urbanowicz Hurricane RFoE), but I am fine with it...

And where there is light (sort of), there must be...

99fff92ef157e2cddd8d10f6677b9983.jpg

No Battle without opponents. I had picked up 4 bags of the Airfix 109, here are two shown (the others don't fit into the BoB frame), and then there was the 109 from revell in the middle. Not unlike the Airfix ones in age and build, but the canopy... the canopy... it was short on all ends, so I decided to leave it off and let the pilot jump out after taking too many hits. It is "displayed" in our living room window, together with KLoB, yet another victory for Alan Deere!

It can't replace the airshow, but i hope you had fun,

bye, Johnny Tip

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

They look fantastic arrayed together like that!

Funnily enough I was just looking through some old pics of kits I built when I first started having a go (first time round) about 12 years ago, a;; long since lost, I did what appears to be that exact same Stuka, but I didn't do a great job of it....

spacer.png

• Like 1

@TonyOD, I think it is! was it a Revell kit with the terrier on the other side facing backwards (wrongly, i believe)? Mine's not that much better than yours, the distance covers up the bad paint job (no acrylics yet, but I couldn't endure the enamel smell any more. Well, my parents couldn't, actually.)

@RMCS, @Hawkers Finest and @Roberto, thank you.

Which is Hawker's finest, according to you? (very hard choice if you ask me)