Heinkel He 111 B Legion Condor

Pedro1

Dear all,

As requested by Jerzy (JWM), I herewith post some images of the Roden Heinkel He 111B I built a few years ago. Markings are mostly from the kit, although I swapped the white fuselage numbers for black ones, as they should have been.

The trick I used to get the fuselage to close, was to add a shim (1.5 mm behind the cockpit, 0 mm at the tail), which allows the clear parts and the bomb rack to fit). I kept weathering rather light, just adding a pin wash to the control surfaces, the tank filler caps and the bomb bay.

Certainly not my best result, but in the end I was just glad to have finished it. I do like the elegant look though of the 'classic' bomber nose, rather than the later 'all glass' nose from the P and H versions.

Peter

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 52
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for fulfill my ask. Great result! Really nice. Maybe I will go with "B" as well... The only problem is that if I will have 5 He111s in collection how many Wellingtons should I have to keep any kind of proportions regarding number of build real things :)

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Haha 2

On 9/15/2020 at 12:49 PM, billn53 said:

Your fuselage trim certainly did the job, the canopy fit now looks great.  I’ll have to keep that in mind when I get around to doing my “C” version airliner.

Some tips for building the 111C:

www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490174&p=2435789
www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490189&p=2436773
www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490203&p=2438568
www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490810&p=2497564

I admire that you finished a "Pedro" I would like to have a 111B to but I'm not going to build a Roden 111 again.

Edited by Orso
Fixing links
  • Thanks 1

Very nice 'Pedro'! I know the kit is a beast to build (I have one), but your model is proof that a good-looking result can be achieved with no doubt some not inconsiderable effort. Time to retrieve mine from storage, I suppose...

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, billn53 said:

Your fuselage trim certainly did the job, the canopy fit now looks great.  I’ll have to keep that in mind when I get around to doing my “C” version airliner.

I have that one in the stash as well.... Actually even better looking then the B and E versions.

Peter

48 minutes ago, Orso said:

Some tips for building the 111C:

www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490174&p=2435789
www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490189&p=2436773
www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490203&p=2438568
www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/viewtopic.php?f=644810&t=490810&p=2497564

I admire that you finished a "Pedro" I would like to have a 111B to but I'm not going to build a Roden 111 again.

I see where you're coming from. However, I do love these airliners from the Golden Age, so will give it a go. After all, I did manage to finish the B 😄

• Like 2

Beautiful work!

Still somewhat jarring to see a He-111 with a "conventional" forward fuselage rather than the single, panoramic glazing of WW!! variants.

Your hard work getting this kit to comply really paid off.  :clap::clap:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Orso said:

I have had no luck with Roden before but I will try again. Third time lucky?

Bjorn, It should help if you will give them link to our RFI threads with He111 models shown here - the build of "unbuild" in common opinion kits must be nice for them...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

I started this one quit a while ago and aproached the same solution for the fuselage. 

Unfortunaley the finished fuselage felt from the workbench and broke apart.

That was the moment wehen i stopped the work.

But I know how hard it is to build a roden He 111. You did a great job on this one. thank you for showing.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...