Revell IDS conversion to RAF GR4 ++ !FINISHED! ++

RJ-WobblyHands

On 03/12/2020 at 15:12, Colin W said:

Dont forget the wing tip nav lights. These are also a pain to fit.

Colin

Totally agree with that statement as i fitted mine today.

The model looks very good with all the decals and weathering. Those intake covers are very realistic and look simplish to make.

• Thanks 1

I am finished - though I could spend another couple of months procrastinating on making engine covers , other RBF tags etc . but no GB end date means I will call her finished.

More pictures in the gallery :) 

oQ1rQDD.jpg

BzULTvV.jpg

• Like 5

• RJ-WobblyHands changed the title to Revell IDS conversion to RAF GR4 ++ !FINISHED! ++

What an excellent model! You should be very pleased with this and how its all come together at the end.

I dont think the intake covers do justice to the rest of the model, I suspect they should hang down (convex rather than concave) but this is only noticable from head on. I agree you can fiddle with this stuff forever and thats why group builds work for some people. It looks great in the gallery so move on and look at it again next year and fix the intake covers if you think they need it.

Great model

Colin

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Colin W said:

What an excellent model! You should be very pleased with this and how its all come together at the end.

I dont think the intake covers do justice to the rest of the model, I suspect they should hang down (convex rather than concave) but this is only noticable from head on. I agree you can fiddle with this stuff forever and thats why group builds work for some people. It looks great in the gallery so move on and look at it again next year and fix the intake covers if you think they need it.

Great model

Colin

Agreed - Fat finger syndrome they popped convex when fitting they are soo delicate , i already have an idea on how to fix - though that is for another day! 

• Like 1