• Nieuport 52
    • Fairey Fox
    • Fairey Fawn
    • Blackburn Blackburn
    • Fairey Gordon
    • Blackburn Baffin
    • Fairey Seal

Hi all,

A few of you may have seen my 1/48 CAD and 3D print of a Fairey IIIF that I'm offering as a limited run kit, I'm now looking into other aircraft types.

I would like some suggestions of what aircraft people might be genuinely interested in purchasing as a limited edition it (please read the suggestions requirements below).

There are a few requirements for an aircraft type to be modelled, it must be;

• Not available to buy as a kit/not a planned future release,
  • Detailed plans including cross sections of the fuselage and aerofoil must be available,
  • About 30cm in 1/48 scale,
  • Have enough people interested to make my time designing it worth while :)

I'm really looking forward to the suggestions, if there is enough interest and suitable plans, I'll add it to the to-do list!

Please comment your suggestions below, I'll then add them to the poll to be voted on.

Cheers,

Ben

• Thanks 1

I'd certainly go for the Fox.

Other ideas...

Fairey Fawn

Fairey IIID floats and wheels

Blackburn Ripon/Baffin - major components should be the same for both; the Ripon kit would need a new nose and engine to make a Baffin

Oh, and I I don't /think/ there's a 1/48 Ninak kit available yet; Roden do a DH9 but the 9a is a very different beast 

• Thanks 1

hi ,

a   1/72 / 1/48  Piper Apache ?

Generic Interiors for the AURORA Civil Aircraft Range .?

Interiors for the DINKY 29C D/Deckers ?

..... Clear Windows Insert ?

cheery "stay Safe 'n' model "  mumbas !

Geoff

F,F,G, 3156

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 2:38 AM, Pete M. said:

Fairey Gordon please.....along with the Baffin already noted!!!

Pete M.

Good call Pete.... I think and the Seal that might be reasonably straightforward (if not exactly simple) modifications to the IIIF design... 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SilverWings said:

Wish that I could vote for more than one.  Baffin, Seal and Sea Fox would get my votes.

I think you should be able too...

The Black Blackburn seems the most popular a the moment!

• Like 1

The Fairey Seafox of Battle of the River Plate fame. Or a Gloster Gauntlet. Or just work through John Adam's old Aeroclub vacuform line in 1/48. I'd buy a Newport 52 from you as well. :)

Edited by bjohns5
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

How about this unusual machine - i dont believe there has been any recreation of it at any scale, and it has some quirky design features which do set it apart from a lot of the other interwar designs

spaceout.gifhns0ubxz5ie31.jpgspaceout.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parnall_Pike

Parnall Prawn 3V

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27862259@N02/6066138396/in/photostream/ - some other great shots of the vehicle as a whole. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ben, looking at your posts, I guess you work for Westlands ( or whatever they are called now) in the design office.

My late father in law worked there until 2020. I came down to West Coker frequently until mother in law passed away last year, and found most locals still refer to the company as simply Westlands.

It is rumoured that  a WW2 Whirlwind Fighter is buried in site somewhere. Any truth in this?

What CAD system do you use?  Pro Engineer,  Solid Works, Autodesk Inventor or another?

@Noel Smith you've found me out! Sorry to hear about your in laws... 

It's Leonardo now, fortunately all the aircraft are marketed as Agusta Westland, so the name lives on :) although, like you said, it's still Westlands to most! It's also a fairly small community (both Yeovil and the company)! 

I have heard the rumour about the Whirlwind hack, G-AGOI being buried on site, in fact, it can be seen parked on the RAF aerial photos from 1946, as well as in several post war photos.

There are many information boards around site with info on what the buildings were originally used for. There's even still what is left of the camo paint on some buildings as well as bullet holes in some of the buildings. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...