SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1 - Kitty Hawk 1/48

I'm liking the level of detail you have gone to, very convincing. Just my thoughts, just place the aircraft slightly off line, it might just look more realistic.

Colin

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:29 AM, heloman1 said:

I'm liking the level of detail you have gone to, very convincing. Just my thoughts, just place the aircraft slightly off line, it might just look more realistic.

Colin

Thanks Colin, glad you are enjoying the project as it progresses on here, totally agree with your thoughts on positioning👍.

The cardboard Jag is used here to provide a sense of scale for the completed display base. The intention is to finalise the aircraft ailignment once all the GSE, figures and additional equipment/supporting items are completed.

Del.

13 hours ago, Boltcropper said:

Pete,

Thanks for posting these, really helpful reference photos for detailing 👍.

Del.

Thank you

I hope that will help all.

They were taken at the Cosford air show from 2005

Pete

Edited by PeteH1969
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the lack of updates over the last month, effort has been focussed on getting the diorama completed for next weekend's model show at Telford.

So, on the final hurdle, and today was setting up the diorama so that positioning of aircraft, equipment and personnel could be mapped out.  You'll notice that there is still some work to do on the Jaguar, as well as final decals and then matting down and weathering.

I'm so impressed with Del's work, the detail and execution is truly remarkable, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it all in its final state.

I took the opportunity to grab a series of hand-held shots, so excuse the paint pots, blu-tac and outstanding finishing off, as well as the limited depth of field.

Cheers,

Kev.

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

Bird Strike - Land Away

• Like 6

Wow, looking good. So many little details that add realism to the whole scene.

I like that the earlier brake chute housing missing the pack and noddy cap, shows attention to detail. Also the groundcrew wearing the old green crinkly wet weather jacket and white amplivox ear defenders. Will he have the glycerin leaking from the pads down his neck!!

Love it.

Rob.

• Like 1

Well, that's pretty much it.  The Jaguar diorama was all but completed this week, and entered into the IPMS (UK) Scale Model World show at Telford today, and Del came away with a Silver Medal 🙂

I'll look to get some pics up in the Ready For Inspection forum as soon as possible, but until then, a couple of shot I managed to grab looking into the closed-off judging area.

Thanks for all your comments along the way.

Regards,

Kev.

IPMS (UK) Scale ModelWorld

IPMS (UK) Scale ModelWorld

• Like 10

Final post, with a few shots of the Jaguar build, that was handed to me tonight.

Incredible thanks to Del, the model maker, who has truly captured the scene of an engine change on the Jaguar aircraft, commemorating my time at RAF Coltishall.

We are in the throws of getting ready to move, so I'll get some studio shots later for the Ready For Inspection area.

Cheers all,  

Kev.

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

• Like 7

Absolutely incredible diorama, so much to catch the eye, love the little touches like the 14 sqn badge on the back of the sign. 

Beautiful!!

Eng

• Like 2

Lovely and well deserved silver.

About the only thing missing are the pitot/static probe covers and a static lead, these would have been added almost as soon as the jet shut down

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pappy said:

Lovely and well deserved silver.

About the only thing missing are the pitot/static probe covers and a static lead, these would have been added almost as soon as the jet shut down

cheers,

Pappy

Good point on the static lead Pappy, we left the pitot, static probes and AoA blanks off partly for aesthetics, and also that is being prepped for a ground run.

Edited by Kev Gregory

6 hours ago, Kev Gregory said:

Good point on the static lead Pappy, we left the pitot, static probes and AoA blanks off partly for aesthetics, and also that is being prepped for a ground run.

Fair call.

Did Jags use the inlet FOD cages for ground runs?

If so, one of these installed or sitting next to the inlets would further elaborate the narrative and indicate that a ground test is imminent

cheers,

Pappy