SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1 - Kitty Hawk 1/48

52 minutes ago, bar side said:

Like it a lot.  I did wonder how you were going to display that beautiful Adour.  Nice looking nitrogen trolley too.

Thank you and much appreciated Bar Side,  yes a lot of head scratching and comparing of notes with Kev went on and I think we've pretty much got the final scenario worked out now, just got to chop some of the figures around a bit to make them fit their roles better.  The Nitrogen trolley kit was good enough as it comes in the box, but to ensure a smoother paint finish I sanded/polished the white metal tanks, also undertook the fiddly job of attaching small lengths of brass tube to each tank and the connection point on the back of the control box , idea being to make connecting all the pipes a  little easier later on.....we'll see LOL!  A bit more scratch-building of tool boxes to come then I'll finally be looking to start some painting. 

Edited by Boltcropper

1 hour ago, bar side said:

I have been cheap & am building a nitrogen trolley from scratch so may use yours as a reference.  No disrespect to Flightpath but I tend to make a mess of brass

Nothing cheap about it Bar Side, I'm normally a staunch scratch-builder myself, I will freely admit PE brass is not my favourite either.....I too struggle with it, for example, that 'A' frame ladder you see in the photos? took me three attempts....and LOTS of hours, but it did not beat me!  🤪LOL

If anything I've done with nitrogen trolley helps your own scratch-build along then I'll be really pleased.👍

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pappy said:

Nice, good to see the focus being on maintenance for a change, don't forget the earth lead!

Pappy

Many thanks Pappy,  yes this whole diorama is totally about maintenance.....and with my friend Kev being a former Jaguar 'sooty', I've got some excellent reference material with his knowledge/memories,......Thanks for the heads-up regarding the earth lead,  I'll certainly do my best to tick all the boxes!

On 9/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, Escaflowne said:

Hi,

Fine and realistic work on your tractor and the trolley, you're right to rebuild/redo and improve some parts.

Impressive diorama 👍

Many thanks and much appreciated Escaflowne, first time I've tackled the more major items GSE so I'm using plenty of reference photos!

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Any updates on this? I do hope it hasnt run out of thrust or stalled...

Hi RMP2, thanks for checking in, still plenty of thrust I'm pleased to say.....but a slight stall has occurred  in the recent weeks due to pressing life commitments. However, I'm aiming to relaunch things soon with the start of some painting of the sub assemblies/components seen in previous posts!

Edited by Boltcropper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hoping things are good @Boltcropper and life isnt being silly. Would love to see some updates on this

Oh and regarding a ladder - I have one of these for my KH Jag and it is a thing of lovelyness :)

Edited by RMP2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, RMP2 said:

@Boltcropper Any news or progress? Hope things are good all round.

Many thanks for asking, and sorry it's been so quiet on the build updates, but things have steadily progressed.

All of the GSE and tractor are now finished, I have then all set safely in a storage box to photograph, but the garage studio has been like a sauna, so waiting for the temps to cool down a little! LOL.  Del's close to completing the cockpit and seat, and finished the aircraft pan base, so the aircraft and engines are all that remains.

I took a couple of shots before the heat set in, which are below to wet the appetite.  The tractor shots are a 100 images each, and stacked together to give the 'all-focussed macro' image.  The fire extinguisher was quite a bit less.  I'll try to get the rest of the stuff imaged asap, so thanks again for asking! 🙂

Taskmaster Tractor

Taskmaster Tractor
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:50 PM, Kev Gregory said:

"Bird Strike"

The moment I saw this picture I knew you had spent time in a Jaguar hangar. I think it's the spacing of the various elements. That's not something that anyone would get right just looking at photographs. Your staging is perfect.

I'm surprised you haven't included any of that staging, you know the stuff, square and round section aluminium tubing with medium grey plywood floors, although now I recall how complicated it was, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. 😁

I'm inordinately impressed with your painting skills. That fire extinguisher. Wow!

This will be a masterpiece, I reckon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, RMP2 said:

@Boltcropper Any news or progress? Hope things are good all round.

Hi RMP2, thanks for that yes things are going well and hopefully so for you too! , must opologise for the the break in updates, its been a prety busy tiem in life but aksi the GSE incluuded in this project reuired some pretty intricate  assembly and painting so not been able to free anythig up for Kev to photogfraph for a while. However, that stage is now past an we are up and running again, wil soon be having updates showing completed & painted cockpit details plus the nose avionics bay and undercarriage bays. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

The moment I saw this picture I knew you had spent time in a Jaguar hangar. I think it's the spacing of the various elements. That's not something that anyone would get right just looking at photographs. Your staging is perfect.

I'm surprised you haven't included any of that staging, you know the stuff, square and round section aluminium tubing with medium grey plywood floors, although now I recall how complicated it was, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. 😁

I'm inordinately impressed with your painting skills. That fire extinguisher. Wow!

This will be a masterpiece, I reckon.

Hi Bertie,

Thank you for your kind response, very much appreciated,  the diorama is indeed a very involved scenario  and we're putting a lot into trying to capture the essence of a Jaguar engine change under 'land away' conditions.  Kev is doing a sterling job of documenting each stage with his amazing photos!....more to come soon. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kilo Echo Victor said:

This is going to be one very detailed and impressive diorama when completed and I'm loving that engine bay! Will be following this build all of the way to the end.

Very well done on your progress so far - looks great!

Kev

Many thanks Kev, very much appreciated,  its been a while since we've been able to post any updates but hoping now to put up some new suff! 

Del.

• Like 1