Our new car

Well since a nice kind lady decided to drive into my wife, whilst stationary in a line of traffic at a roundabout and Wright our car off

IMG-20200827-WA0000.jpg

(May not look like to much damage but was 5 grands worth of damage)

So now we have a new car.

20200912-183527.jpg
20200912-183632.jpg
20200912-183554.jpg

It's a titanium 19 plate close to 13 grand only 7100 on the clock.

Pick it up next Sunday.

• Like 4

It's been  vandalised already. Some beggar has splashed paint all over the number plates!!

• Haha 14
1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

5G in damages? Guess the body got quite bent?

Looks like at least 3 major panels dinged plus the light cluster.  I usually reckon a grand a panel these days, which is terrifying.  Must have been some damage to the underside, which gets expensive if its twisted the "chassis", or monocoque as they're more like these days.

What was the woman driving a Scania,that's the problem with modern cars there's so many crumple zones,the slightest knock and they bend without much effort...Like the new one and in white,very nice....

Around 10 years ago I managed to go into the back of whatever Fiesta was current in my Saab 900 at about 10-15 mph. 
I scuffed the black trim on my Saab front bumper and did roughly £1k damage to the Fiesta. Bent the boot floor and crash panel behind the bumper. They had to be recovered and I just drove away ( after sorting out insurance of course ;) )

• Like 2

In the mid eighties there was a Chevy Monte Carlo over here from the eary 70's,,same as kp nuts it stopped at traffic lights and a kid in a MkII Fiesta ran into the back of it...The result was Chevy 1 (rear bumper pushed up against the rear panel) Fiesta 0 (about two feet shorter)....

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, chrisrope said:

Saab 900

I've got a real soft spot for Saab and Volvo and their convertables are the best looking,no others come close...

How unfortunate re the car, it is so annoying. In 2007, I had a young lady ran  her Fiesta into the side of the Micra I drove. Needed a new side panel and it was not cheap to have done, but as I was stationary at the time etc, etc, both insurers accepted it was not my fault. A few months later we get a letter saying that she denied liability and it was my fault.

Letter went straight to insurers who fought and we kept getting updates until about 2012 and obviously had got a bit nasty. My guess is that due to her age, her premium had skyrocketed and thought worth a punt and had some very bad advice as she had already admitted liability and the photos didn't look good. 

My brother had a good story. In the mid sixties his physics teacher drove round in in old Humber Staff Car, still in Army colours. He got rear ended by a chap in a brand new Cortina. Teacher gets ou t and inspects the damage to his car, complaining that it will be difficult to match the scratches on the girder that was the rear bumper. The Cortina driver is somewhat upset by the caved in front of car with coolant leaking out of it. 

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 2

Yes modern cars are designed to crumple the annoying thing is our old car was only 4 yrs old and I loved it, and we were stationary (I think she was on her phone at the time)

I got rear ended last year at a roundabout. I was stationary at the time and a young lad in a VW Golf ran into the back of me. He admitted full liability at the time and was very apologetic and upset about it. I'm convinced he was on his phone when he hit me. He asked if the repairs to my car could be done off insurance, which i obviously declined. My rear bumper was knocked in and split but car was still drivable. Main thing was no one was hurt and it was sorted by the insurance in no time. Worst thing about it was the Renault Clio i got whilst mine went in for repair!!

Regards 

Steve

• Sad 1

My wife was driving our fiat punto (13 years old) one evening in 2006 on the way to pick me up from the railway station.

She's just turned left at a T junction when the cam belt (as we found out later) went. SWIMBO in panic mode managed to coast to the roadside and call me on mobile - imagine perhaps how your own partners might be - when came the wail "oh no, someone's just driven into me!"

I'm at the station, no lift, and no taxis, in full on  my God mode. Managed to get hold of her brother who came out, picked me up and took me to her.

As we approached the car I could see the other car. Folks, my wife was read ended by a . ....

I can barely bring myself to say it ........

a Reliant Robin.

Oh, the shame. I mean, a Reliant Robin!  No, she couldn't be rear ended by a real car, like a beamer, or a range rover, or a merc, even a roller, no, it had to be a Reliant Robin.

Which was a write off. No damage to the Punto.

The final indignity. When I reported it to the insurance, when he asked what the other car was, I could barely choke out a Reliant robin, the agent laughed.

How will we ever live it down????

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

I got rear ended last year at a roundabout. I was stationary at the time and a young lad in a VW Golf ran into the back of me. He admitted full liability at the time and was very apologetic and upset about it. I'm convinced he was on his phone when he hit me. He asked if the repairs to my car could be done off insurance, which i obviously declined. My rear bumper was knocked in and split but car was still drivable. Main thing was no one was hurt and it was sorted by the insurance in no time. Worst thing about it was the Renault Clio i got whilst mine went in for repair!!

Regards 

Steve

Yes their nowhere as good a Dacia are they 😀😉

• Haha 2

I had a reliant Robin when I was six well I think it was that long ago, I want to say what an amazing car but tbh I cant think of a good thing to say about it, wait yes i can if you removed the engine panel in the car you could warm your hands on the engine, if only modern cars had such cutting edge technology.

Edited by kpnuts
  • Haha 2

I would keep an eye on the DVSA site as I suspect your old car will get fixed and put back on the road. The insurers know they can get better VFM if they salvage it over the cost of the repair. If it's not a structural write off, you can demand they repair it. You might not like next year's renewal though unless liability is accepted by the third party.