This came up while looking for ANG aircraft colors and markings; I have never seen the document in its entirety before, and I thought it might come in handy for those of you doing USAF/ANG aircraft.  Covers aircraft through 1998, apparently. Lots of useful information on colors, markings, and insignia  for exteriors and wheel bays.

Mike

http://www.oldwings.nl/content/o0/USAF_TechOrder_TO_1-1-4.pdf

Edited by 72modeler
added text
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, 72modeler said:

This came up while looking for ANG aircraft colors and markings; I have never seen the document in its entirety before, and I thought it might come in handy for those of you doing USAF/ANG aircraft. Coverage is through 1998. Lots of useful information on colors, markings, and insignia  for exteriors and wheel bays.

Mike

http://www.oldwings.nl/content/o0/USAF_TechOrder_TO_1-1-4.pdf

What is amazing is what is NOT in it.  No F-16s except for tail codes, No B-1s or even B-2s (they were in service prior to 1-1-4 being deleted), and no KC-10s and no transport aircraft in the overall 36173 color scheme.  The USAF SIG for IPMS/UK has some of the different versions of 1-1-4 available, including an early copy from the early to mid 60s.

Later,

Dave

On 9/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, Pete57 said:

TO 1-1-4 has been rescinded by the USAF several years ago

Which is why I made the notation that the document was current through 1998 only. Hopefully those who read the post will see that notation, which I went back and made in boldface. Thanks for bringing it to everybody's attention.

Mike

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

Is there a replacement document for 1-1-4, or is it now just a single page with “Paint it all grey?” Semi-serious question.

Ben 

IIRC the paint scheme information are now included within the technical orders related to each aircraft type.

There are then command issued documents covering the various markings of the command but they don't cover camo schemes.

• Like 1