Baltimore bust - DNF

“Baltimore Bonanza”?? Ha - more like “Baltimore - boy, it’s quiet around here...”.

I have been remiss and I don’t stand a chance of slotting it in by next Monday, but I thought I’d try to get going so there is a reasonable KUTA or WIP prospect. Basically, lots of filling sink marks and bad moulding:

95-A23-DF2-4899-4-B9-C-9-FEF-0-F2-AFD0-F

The issues, in roughly order of importance, are:

1 cowlings

2= canopy

2= front fuselage length and profile (and I want to keep the kit nose cone transparency)

4 fin and rudder 

5 box in and replace undercarriage

6 turret, currently a B-P/Martin cross

7 engines and propellers

8 everything else!

• Like 1

Well, no time like the present...

I cut off 4mm from the front fuselage in steps to match the nose transparency. I lowered the steps to drop the canopy around 2mm to pick up the lower fuselage line. I sanded a shallow “v” in the lower fuselage joining surface so I could taper it to meet the nose. I lowered the cockpit sides and cut away the top of the fuselage ahead of the canopy, to be re-attached somewhat lower. The result, overlaid on a shaky tracing around a good profile photo, in turn laid on the plan (which matches pretty well, unlike some) :

A9298156-16-DA-4146-8298-D157026-E7-A89.

• Like 5

Great stuff Adrian 

As this GB has been extended, fingers crossed you may get this one finished after all.

I'm hoping to get my He111 completed but can't see the Iraqi Breda making it this time unfortunately 

Best of luck 

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well sadly due to work being super-busy (and an IOM Po-2 and my inability to plan more than two minutes ahead), I will declare a DNF on this, although given that I haven’t stuck anything together yet it’s more like a Did Not Start.

I’m sure it will come up in WIP if not a KUTA GB soonish.

Thanks for an enjoyable GB though and I had good fun getting the Airfix Grant in.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• AdrianMF changed the title to Baltimore bust - DNF

Unfortunately our hobby funder needs to come first some times, it’s a shame we won’t see it finished if you would like your thread moving just let me know.

• Thanks 1