Antique Airfix Mig-15, bagged kit.

Remember when kits had maybe a dozen or so parts? Remember when there were actual instructions that used real words to convey how to put together the model? Remember how nothing fit right? Well, here's a prime specimen. I got this in a sort of 'grab bag' purchase and after a few frustrating outings on more modern kits, I decided to just build it and have a little old fashioned modeling fun. It's OOTB with two exceptions. One is I sanded off all the raised panel lines. The second is that I blanked off the inside of the nose intake so you can't look all the way through the a/c. Fit was as you would expect it, but with careful prep and assembly amazingly little putty was required. The finish is Tamiya rattle can AS-12 Metallic Silver. The decals were way far gone, so I used some from the spares file. Took quite a bit of weight in the nose to get it not to sit on its tail, but it was fun, didn't fight me and could have been an award winning model at a 1963 model show, which is when the kit came out. 

IMG_20200912_154733 IMG_20200912_154740 IMG_20200912_154753 IMG_20200912_154818

• Like 23

Great job, that's a handsome build. I recently got up close and personal with a real one in the Cold War gallery at RAF Cosford, such a neat and compact little 'plane. I'm adding it to the list of my 'fantasy stash'.