Sd.Kfz. 234/4 Panzerspähwagen (Dragon 6221)

vytautas

Stunning work!

So much detail and skilled modelling on display. 

Great touches like dents to the bodywork, the worn and damaged paintwork outside and in and the small stuff like the tools, bumper, MG and breech.

Great work!

Darryl 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words.

14 hours ago, Courageous said:

A question, if I may. Not knowing anything about this subject, did this vehicle have two driving positions as I'm wondering how/what the wheel in the fighting compartment was used?

Stuart

Yep, It was a fantastic vehicle, the most modern at the time. Even long after the war, no one was able to do anything like this.
Air-cooled diesel engine, six gears and a multiplier (total of 24 combinations) forward and backward. The speed back and forth is the same - about 80 km on the road, 30 km off-road. It doesn't matter how you drive - forward or backward. Two driving stations. Very good maneuverability. All eight wheels are driven and steered. If it was necessary to go backward, any member of the crew sat behind the second steering wheel.

3 hours ago, Toryu said:

Any information about historical background? To me, desert camouflage and SS number plate don't go together well.

If you meant Africa, then the SS really wasn’t there. I imagined this machine in the Russian steppe. I tried to paint the vehicle with a faded dunkelgelb without camouflage stains. I use Tamiya paint, but I always mix the shades myself. It seems to me that this is the color that works best for this machine. Maybe from a historical point of view, it's not very accurate, but I think the most important thing is that the model to look as good as possible

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• vytautas changed the title to Sd.Kfz. 234/4 Panzerspähwagen (Дракон 6221)