Academy 1/72 F-14A VF-1 Wolfpack (New tool)

eng

Academy's wonderful new tool 1/72 scale F-14A built out of the box (with the exception of aftermarket decals from DXM Decals) as a relatively clean and new F-14A of VF-1 'Wolfpack', NK-106, BuNo 158995, circa 1978. 

Painted with Mr Hobby Aqueous Colour and Tamiya paints and varnish coated with Humbrol Satin varnish. 

The kit builds beautifully with excellent fit and engineering, and has all the parts you need to do either an A, B or D version of the Tomcat. Only minor gripe is the kit comes with only the one set of markings for VF-143 'Pukin Dogs' however, lets face it Tomcat decals are not difficult to come by!! 

Only minor addition still required will be the two AIM-9 and single AIM-7 training rounds I've chosen for this build.

Hope you like it.

Eng

50334760957_3e8c1304cf_k.jpg

50333893883_60be1382a9_k.jpg

50333897733_fab41de2c2_k.jpg

50334588416_051a7e91a9_k.jpg

50333905463_ccacd1df43_k.jpg

50333911128_2e2114eb9e_k.jpg

• Like 68
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PhantomLover said:

Always liked the VF-1 colours, and your F-14 is one to be very proud of.

Definitely agree! While I like VF-2's colors, I surely miss VF-1.

Nice! 

How did you find the DXM decals? They seem a bit thick as haven’t settled down into the panel lines very well judging by your wash?

I only ask as was thinking of getting their sheet to do this exact jet to showcase my early beavertail conversion. 

Tony

16 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice! 

How did you find the DXM decals? They seem a bit thick as haven’t settled down into the panel lines very well judging by your wash?

I only ask as was thinking of getting their sheet to do this exact jet to showcase my early beavertail conversion. 

Tony

i'd be surprised, its a cartograph print, got the sheet myself and looks like any other cartograph print (revell,academy etc.)

besides that, awesome build. i can never get enough of the WP markings, looks so special...