Academy 1/72 Curtiss Helldiver I

Seamus

Afternoon all,

A few images of build 18 for the year, the superb Academy Helldiver, finished as a Mk I of 1820 NAS using Xtradecals' Yanks with Roundels sheet. I didn't do my research so there are a few inaccuracies- I should have filled the holes in the ventilated dive brakes, and the replacement three-bladed prop from Quickboost is designed for a Hurricane, but it's all close enough for my untrained eye, and looks good on my now very full FAA lend-lease shelf I think :)

50334073002_8bf601787c_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Curtiss Helldiver I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50334072952_cf8099e799_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Curtiss Helldiver I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50334072927_b0a9a89e85_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Curtiss Helldiver I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50334072892_2c7fd69bf0_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Curtiss Helldiver I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50334072877_8cdb1e0935_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Curtiss Helldiver I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, as always feedback is welcomed

Shaun

• Like 45

1 hour ago, DaveyGair said:

It is a nice kit to put together. Never even knew we used them!

:goodjob:

Davey.

The RN only had one squadron of SB2Cs, and not for very long.  It was decided that the type was completely unsuitable for use from British carriers and with fewer redeeming features that the F4U which was shown to be operable from our ships.

• Like 1

Love it and love seeing the US Navy aircraft in what in my opinion is the more attractive Temperate Sea Camouflage Scheme.  The Helldiver is also one of my favorite WW II aircraft and I really think you have constructed a superb example!