airfix Spitfire Vb old tool.

Hi folk's as hinted at in chat I'm partnering the 109F with Airfix's same era Spitfire VB with the vokes filter and desert scheme.I also built this kit earlier in the year

and enjoyed every minute so for later in the GB here's whats in the box this one is an earlier boxing but the seller had photo's off the decal sheet which is mint.

it still builds well and looks like a Spitfire.

20200411_184917 (1)

20200424_113619

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

Evening folk's progress on this one,cockpit painted up,wing's assembled,seams cleaned up and cannon added.

20201023_193217

and tonight all buttoned up and the chin filter added without drama.

20201023_194845

• Like 8

Evening all.primed this morning and today the azure blue applied then shaded a little with a darker mix.Prop painting nearly finished

and wheels after painting had a wash dropped in and a bit of North African dust dry brushed onto the tyres.

20201024_192226

• Like 7

4 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Cracking on there Steve,

The old girl is looking good 👍

Cheers Greg

Many thank's Greg,got a bit more done today,sprayed the upper sand after masking the underside.brushed the darker shade.

20201025_174213

And using various shades broke up the fresh look including the exhaust staining finally a gloss coat ready for decals.

20201025_184815

• Like 8

4 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Nice paintwork Steve. You using an airbrush more often these days?

Cheers Greg 👍

A bit more Greg still love the brush though,great therapy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Live those desert camo schemes!

Me too Tony even the vokes filter never spoiled the look of the Spitfire.The decals looked new but destroyed themselves

as soon as they hit water one of the BM massive has come to the rescue with a spare set.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Me too Tony even the vokes filter never spoiled the look of the Spitfire.The decals looked new but destroyed themselves

as soon as they hit water one of the BM massive has come to the rescue with a spare set.

I've just got hold of a boxless Vb for a song that I might* squeeze into the GB. I have a decal sheet from an Italeri kit with a desert option.

* he says, having not even touched his Amiot, and don't even go there with the MTO III LeO...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...