1:48 Fairey Firefly MkI

Dunny

19 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

OMG dunny. Outstanding work on the Firefly. I've bookmarked this build for future reference.

Thanks Loren - much appreciated!

15 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Lovely work.  Including the handle.  There is also a grab rail on the inside of the lower version.  Good the BPF version, bit of fading never did anyone any harm...  But first you should do a Fulmar maybe...

Thanks GB - a Fulmar is definitely somewhere along the journey!

Cheers,

Roger

8 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Smashing work. Good recovery on the decals. When I saw the Flory wash picture I thought you had lost it!

Regards,

Adrian

Many thanks Adrian - it was touch & go for a while!

Cheers,

Roger

16 hours ago, dov said:

Wow - great photos @dov! Where is this aircraft displayed - is it the FAA museum?

Thanks,

Roger

Edited by Dunny
Duplicate photos removed

26 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Glad everything turned out well in the end, lovely fading.

John

Thanks for the kind words John - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Roger

It is the FAA museum Yeovilton. I must mention, that photographing a/c, no matter which type, needs a photographer, which has good athletic abilities. Since climbing in a cockpit of fighter a/c from WW2, or get to the ground and slip between a fuselage and floor, needs something. Me, I took 10000s of a/c photos I tell you, we froze at wintertime at 20°C below zero and storm, sweated at desert airfields at 40°C and above. Took ladders to the forward and rear end of the fuselage on both sides, just to get accurate photos. I hate blind areas of a/c. My trousers where often dirty, full of oil etc. An overweight photographer is unable to cope.

If I am too big, my wife takes the job.

Happy modelling

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, dov said:

It is the FAA museum Yeovilton. I must mention, that photographing a/c, no matter which type, needs a photographer, which has good athletic abilities. Since climbing in a cockpit of fighter a/c from WW2, or get to the ground and slip between a fuselage and floor, needs something. Me, I took 10000s of a/c photos I tell you, we froze at wintertime at 20°C below zero and storm, sweated at desert airfields at 40°C and above. Took ladders to the forward and rear end of the fuselage on both sides, just to get accurate photos. I hate blind areas of a/c. My trousers where often dirty, full of oil etc. An overweight photographer is unable to cope.

If I am too big, my wife takes the job.

Happy modelling

Dov, your efforts are appreciated. I'm delighted to have these photos included in my humble build thread. Thank you!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1