Jersey Airport 1/72 1950 1960

LaurieS

n a crazy moment I discarded a Falklands Diorama (will be continued) & decided to build a Jersey Airport Diorama 1/72 with the aircraft flying in & out during the above.

It was my first airport to ever land at when I left England to live in Jersey. Just for one year. Now 60 years. My first flight a Dakmaster as civilian Dakotas were often named.

This is the basic. Lot to add. Lighting, seating, people starter trollies etc. The WW11 aircraft are just to give a scale.

There will be about 10 aircraft civilian passenger. Smaller ones will be suspended in flight from the shelf above the diorama.

Enenhq.jpg
CN0Ved.jpg
nHcvcW.jpg
sVAdT0.jpg
EcvwZF.jpg
r8lo7E.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Nice.  Looking forward to seeing the Bristol Freighter there.  My dad always mentions them flying from Southend for Silver City.  Still love seeing the Dan Air ail at Duxford.  Civil aviation from this era isn’t well represented in preservation

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bar side said:

Nice.  Looking forward to seeing the Bristol Freighter there.  My dad always mentions them flying from Southend for Silver City.  Still love seeing the Dan Air ail at Duxford.  Civil aviation from this era isn’t well represented in preservation

Thanks doing my best to change that.

Laurie