1/72 rivet tool recommendations

Scott Hemsley

I'm considering some future projects around the 1980's tooling of the Airfix Lancaster & I may decide to replace those rivets lost to sanding rather than to totally eliminate them … so I put it out there - what are your recommendations for a 1/72 rivet tool?

Scott

I have a set of RB wheels of different tooth spacing.  It wasn't expensive and fits into X-Acto style hobby knife handles.  I worked out the maths and wrote down the scale spacing-betwixt-rivets so as to replicate the oft-different spacing of rivets on a single airframe by simple swapping out of the different wheels.

I find in practice that a .55mm Rosie from Petr Doucek is what I reach for (in 1/72).  It feels better to use.  It ought to for the premium it commands over the RB set.

It's a departure from my usual AMS autism to not even bother to replicate scale rivet spacing, but I could if I wanted to.  Rivets, especially in 1/72, are maybe better viewed as an artistical suggestion of complete detail rather than something to sperg over, but that's really up to the modeller.

• Like 3

The RB wheels do it for me, any difference 'tween them and the Rosie the Riveter is not noticeable to me after paint.

Sewing boxes are worth a covert exploration as very often therein pounce wheels abide which is what all the riveting tools are at the end of the day.

• Like 1

You might want to ask this on the forum created for such questions

Work In Progress … you're quite right, My apologies.  I should've looked to see if there was a special forum set up to post an inquiry like this, in the first place.

Moderators please move this thread to the proper forum.

Thank you Jackson and dromia.   Now I have a bit more of a clue as to what I'm looking for.     Inquiry answered!

Scott

Edited by Scott Hemsley