Tamiya M10

Dads203

4 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Brilliant Dan, it's the small details like this that help make a brilliant model into something exceptional...

Ed

That’s exactly it, I think two things stand out for me, the cleanliness of the work (no glue smears, thumbprints or any of the other blemishes that seem to feature in all my builds!) and the delicacy of the details, it gives a wonderfully natural effect unlike some of the overly stylised chipped to death builds you see elsewhere. 

The mark of a true talent, I suspect, is the subtlety of it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is an absolute masterclass. Just when you think, "Yes, he's done and that's the final detail, up comes another one, and I spend the next half an hour looking for my jaw which has fallen somewhere) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 26/02/2021 at 11:02, Dads203 said:

And the link in place, just a taster to show that the gun has been fired,

I can smell the cordite from here! Not to decry your other builds, but this is one of the best that you've done Dan. It's probably the addition of that bucket that has pushed it up the scale, just that little bit further.

John.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the great feedback chaps, some amazing comments that I have been reading over the last few days, working on the last few details now and it will go up on RFI for its final photos. 

I’ll be revisiting the M10 for a small diorama later on this year. 

• Like 4

Looks alright Dan, imagine if you'd really tried! 😉

Brilliant, repeating what's already been said but the small details, .50 cases and links the bucket and of course the subtle yet comprehensive weathering.

Superb and not forgetting the figures of course.

Be great to see it on a small diorama or vignette, that'll really bring it to life!

Great work.

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Not much time at the bench lately but manged to add a few more details to the build. 

Seen on one picture that Longbow @Longbow posted of an M10, it carries a German recovery rope shackle on the rear lifting eye,

probably a Gucci bit of kit to have for the crew so i have added one. 

d6102ac92dd299dcd4c648da73031c53

P1090538

P1090535

Bucket got primer and is awaiting paint.

P1090537

Talking of recovery ropes, popping mine together, using some copper braid on the kit eyes, one more eye to add. 

P1090536

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 20

Crazy busy at work this week so bench time is limited once more, snatched an hour today though.

Thank you all for the great feedback on the build so far, its been dragging on and we are close. Tow ropes are being

worked on along with the side skirts, that is all really of the build that is left. 

Bucket got some paint, primed up with Halfords finest and then I used just three colours to get a warn effect. 

P1090547

P1090542

P1090546

P1090543

P1090545

Enjoy 

• Like 9

And one recovery rope, a real pain to fit but its now on :frantic:

Same concoction as the bucket in terms of paint, the only difference being some light rust paint and graphite pencil to give a metallic sheen, 

Washable dust added to the front end where it would weather the same as the wagon would. 

P1090549

P1090548

P1090550

P1090551

Cheers for looking in chaps 🙂 

• Like 16

Cheers chaps, So the time on the M10 is drawing close and I have to say that it was a really enjoyable build.

Typical Tamiya quality and the right balance of detail and part count. As they say " Job - Jobbed "  No more kit parts to add :o

Thank you all for following along with this build and leaving some great feedback and likes, its all very much appreciated people,

Pictures with crew will go up in RFI soon, I'll revisit this one after the Tiger and pop it on a base. 

Next up is a bench tidy as its full of crap.

P1090560

P1090561

P1090562

P1090559

P1090558

P1090557

P1090556

P1090554

P1090553

Cheers All 

• Like 15