Tamiya M10

Dads203

@diablo rsv  Take a bow matey, those Series 7 min brushes are worth their weight in gold fella, cheers for the steer. 

The one in the case turned up today and its great, top tool for any figure painters that's for sure.  

P1090351

P1090350

So last pix for the day, hand blocked in with the base flesh tone, boots blocked in and awaiting more shadow and highlights.

P1090349

P1090348

Cheers for looking in all and thanks for the likes ;) Cheques will be in the post tomorrow. 

Eye.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Blimey! You got yours quick. I ordered myself a couple more when I told you about them as some of mine are looking a bit sad. Still waiting.

Glad you like them.

The figures are looking the part.

Wayne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Eye Eye

Brave of you to include a selfie Dan!

Makes the quality of your work even more remarkable!

Blown away....just remarkable...!

4 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers guys, Rob, never used the stuff so if you have a link that would be handy mate ;)  Just being lazy, I can google it 

So  bit more done , eyes still look like :poop: but its probably all I can do. 

Sorry mate have to disagree, eyes look great. You've given him the sense of eyeballs and irises but without the casual and unexpected proctol check look! 

Every time I look at my M4 driver his eyes seem to follow me around the room, that's really disconcerting btw!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Trousers and hands masked off and the Jacket sprayed up, some very very basic 

shadowing around the belt only at this stage. Hands have had a dark flesh wash applied. 

This is now the basic blocking in done less his belt. Next stages are highlights and shadow on the clothing 

P1090356

P1090357

P1090358

P1090354

More later folks 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant work Dan looks great 👍. I don't have a figure in the kit for the Jagdpanzer so I'm thinking of getting the Tamiya set you mentioned the other day and using one of them to drop in the top, what do you think 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I don't have a figure in the kit for the Jagdpanzer so I'm thinking of getting the Tamiya set you mentioned the other day and using one of them to drop in the top, what do you think 🤔 

I certainly would Andy, no issues with using the latest gen Tamiya figures, they really are superb. Hornet head and job jobbed mate, people will think they are all resin :thumbsup:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Brilliant work Dan looks great 👍. I don't have a figure in the kit for the Jagdpanzer so I'm thinking of getting the Tamiya set you mentioned the other day and using one of them to drop in the top, what do you think 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

I certainly would Andy, no issues with using the latest gen Tamiya figures, they really are superb. Hornet head and job jobbed mate, people will think they are all resin :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan. 

Miniart are doing plastic figures with resin heads....orderd some due later this week (£13.99 inc p&p), I'll let you know. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Great thanks Dan where can I purchase the Hornet heads from and are they a straight forward fit to the Tamiya body or do they require a little fettling 🤔

• Like 1

Just now, Jasper dog said:

Sounds like a plan. 

Miniart are doing plastic figures with resin heads....orderd some due later this week (£13.99 inc p&p), I'll let you know. 

Yes please Darryl I'm  beginning to gather together my figure products so any tips welcome 🙂👍

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Great thanks Dan where can I purchase the Hornet heads from and are they a straight forward fit to the Tamiya body or do they require a little fettling 🤔

Historex  Agents Andy, down in Dover, another top company to deal with, you will have to drill out the torso to get the neck to fit. 2 min job though mate. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Sounds like a plan. 

They do look rather tasty, and good to see a company realising what the folks want :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Historex  Agents Andy, down in Dover, another top company to deal with, you will have to drill out the torso to get the neck to fit. 2 min job though mate. 

Thanks for the information Dan much appreciated 👍 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

They do look rather tasty, and good to see a company realising what the folks want :thumbsup:

Hmm I'll wait for Darryl's approval then buy a shed load 🙂👍

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Why wait .....JFDI :frantic:

I’m sure I saw a post where Lee told you to get them :giggle:

Hey....I don't need any encouragement 😂😂👍

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Why wait .....JFDI :frantic:

I’m sure I saw a post where Lee told you to get them :giggle:

9 hours ago, Andy J said:

Hey....I don't need any encouragement 😂😂👍

He's right Dan....he really really doesn't need encouragement!

I don't know how many different ones they do with the resin heads included...must be the way for companies to go, I hope!

• Haha 1