Tamiya M10

Dads203

Just now, Longbow said:

I like it too Dan.
Quality of the figures is way above my capabilities though. 

Ole 'David' knows his onions that's for sure, a very good book and If I was to review it then it would be in the " Very highly Recommended " section :frantic:

Very handy reference for anyone serious about painting and developing figure work and skills. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

And I have acquired this little gem, well Lee ( @Longbow ) told me to get it ;)

I like it alot, its going to be useful for my crappy figures that will be coming up soon.

Thanks Dan, that's no help at all!!!

If you think your figures are crappy then....😳

Or is it for sculpting your own figures? (Won't feel just so bad then!)

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Thanks Dan, that's no help at all!!!

If you think your figures are crappy then....😳

Or is it for sculpting your own figures? (Won't feel just so bad then!)

I just need to improve mate, so learning to bring this area up to a slightly better standard, anyway you lot are to blame as your standards are blooming going through the roof ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dads203 said:

I just need to improve mate, so learning to bring this area up to a slightly better standard, anyway you lot are to blame as your standards are blooming going through the roof ! 

We're coming after you Dan and it's no good running....😉

You've only yourself to blame, you produce a tremendous piece of work and then not only post it on here but then explain how it was done! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Part 2 of the turret weathering. Some simple streaks added, I used the following 

for this.  The washes and streaks have knocked back the gloss quite nicely now. 

AK05 - AK Dust Effects 

A.Mig -1000 .Mig Ammo Dark Brown wash for German Yellow.

A.Mig -1750 . Mig Ammo Dry Earth 

These were heavily thinned with mineral spirits and applied. 

P1090180

P1090181

P1090179

P1090178

P1090177

P1090176

P1090175

P1090174

P1090173

P1090172

P1090171

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 12

I see what you're doing Dan, before you start on Tigger you want to have the countermeasure in place in case it escapes!

Lovely job on the turret too btw, slowly creeping towards the finish line...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Chips with everything! Morning Dan. Nice work with the chipping. I like the fact that you've used two colours in some of the chips that shows primer as well as bare metal. Nice work.

John

• Thanks 1

Cheers Guys, 

More weathering and fine tuning of a few things,  added some black oil again heavily thinned to random areas, these were blended 

with a damp brush, (Mineral Spirits again ) just blended enough to show a slight shadow. 

I've used some light rust wash on the chipped up areas of the turret open top area, not a lot just a hint. 

Thinners I use. 

P1090200

And the oil paint 

P1090191

You can just make out the black oil on the turret counter weights.

P1090195

And the turret roof 

P1090194

And played with the washable dust on the front, tying in the front mud guards, beginning to like this stuff now but there is a knack on how to get the best out of it, less is more 

for sure. 

P1090196

P1090197

P1090198

Then these chaps get warmed up for paint, Primed just waiting for it to cure off.  Halfords finest - I save my Mr Surfacer for full resin figures.

P1090202

Enjoy chaps 🙂 

• Like 20

Nice work Dan I'm currently playing with weathering techniques and one of the best I've found so far is  using dry pigments and a damp brush, not wet just barely damp. For a dust effect it works really well though your method is also very good mate 👍 

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

Nice work Dan I'm currently playing with weathering techniques and one of the best I've found so far is  using dry pigments and a damp brush, not wet just barely damp. For a dust effect it works really well though your method is also very good mate 👍 

I try and not use pigments Andy, not sure why but I just couldn't get convincing results with it, found it a bit of a mare to blend. Not saying that they don't have a place 

but I'm finding other methods which seem to work well (ish)  :frantic:

Liking the enamel based stuff as it behaves much like oils but the drying time is much quicker. Still use oils for lots of applications and I really like the Abeilung range, the pigments are ground up finer 

than standard artist oils so they don't look grainy when thinned right down. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

I try and not use pigments Andy, not sure why but I just couldn't get convincing results with it, found it a bit of a mare to blend. Not saying that they don't have a place 

but I'm finding other methods which seem to work well (ish)  :frantic:

Liking the enamel based stuff as it behaves much like oils but the drying time is much quicker. Still use oils for lots of applications and I really like the Abeilung range, the pigments are ground up finer 

than standard artist oils so they don't look grainy when thinned right down. 

Thats the beauty of weathering products Dan trying out different techniques until you hit on a winner. It's all new to me but I have to admit it's great fun and it's slowly becoming a bit clearer to me 🙂👍

• Like 1

Hmmmmm......

...running out of superlatives!

Looks wonderful mate, with the right setting it could be mistaken for the full size version, weathering is tremendous. 

Tamiya figures with Hornet heads?

Looking forward to seeing these come to life!

Atb

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hmmmmm......

...running out of superlatives!

Looks wonderful mate, with the right setting it could be mistaken for the full size version, weathering is tremendous. 

Tamiya figures with Hornet heads?

Looking forward to seeing these come to life!

Atb

Cheers chap :thumbsup:

Yeah, Hornet heads on the stock Tamiya figures, also I think on how Mr T would of wanted to see mate, I had to substitute the heads though as the Hornet heads are a real thing of beauty.   Lots of praise for the new generation of Tamiya figs, they are pushing the boundaries of IM.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers chap :thumbsup:

Yeah, Hornet heads on the stock Tamiya figures, also I think on how Mr T would of wanted to see mate, I had to substitute the heads though as the Hornet heads are a real thing of beauty.   Lots of praise for the new generation of Tamiya figs, they are pushing the boundaries of IM.

Crack on then Dan, you know I'll unashamedly be waiting for more ideas and techniques I can plagiarise...😉

• Thanks 1