Tamiya M10

Dads203

Cheers All,

Not much time at the bench in the last few days I'm afraid, just too much going on with work :o

I did manage getting the rest of the running gear well in its way though. 

P1090033

P1090037

P1090038

P1090035

And I bought this, it should help with the weathering up stages, this is acrylic so I'm hoping to use it before the enamel mud products 

and it won't get disturbed by the mineral spirits that I use for blending out the enamels.

I'll give it a blast on the road wheels where I'll use tap water to feather it in. that's the plan anyway.  

P1090036

Hopefully more of an update tomorrow. 

• Like 11

All the running gear is looking good Dan. Looking forward to seeing how the acrylic mud works out. There are soo many products on the market now, it's getting hard to keep up with which are the better ones.

Wayne

• Thanks 1

Cheers All, 

So a bit more done , not much though so don't get too excited ;)

Running gear just placed to see if I have any mud effects binding up the bogies, give an idea on the final look (ish) 

P1090043

P1090042

Tracks primed and the first layer of track colour done. Loads more to do with these yet . Grey primer was just good old Halfords 

P1090045

And the first crack at the acrylic mud on the running gear, I have to get used to this but as a first attempt it's not bad, easy to blend and build volume. Best get used to it as its going to be used on the bogies.

P1090046

P1090047

Other bits n bobs have been going on but i'll show them later.

Cheers for looking in. 

Dan 

• Like 17

On 17/12/2020 at 10:18, Dads203 said:

Cheers guys,

I have the Tamiya mud products and they are good but the mig ammo mud is more refined and not so gritty to use as the Tamiya product. It’s also much easier to blend and feather the edges. 

I will have to give Mig Ammo one a shot. I have been trying to get hold of the Wilder one for a while but I'm guessing this one is similar.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

I will have to give Mig Ammo one a shot. I have been trying to get hold of the Wilder one for a while but I'm guessing this one is similar.

Same script here, I guessed that the Mig Acrylic range might behave the the same as the Wilder products, no sign of them to buy though so I think this is a good replacement. 

• Like 1

Slowly adding more mud to the running gear, these will get sprayed a light dust colour 

yet to knock the stark contract back and blend it all in,

P1090052

P1090051

P1090062

And started on the rear stowage - K Rations, these were a light colour wood treated with linseed oil so I'm trying to replicate this. Base coat is Vallejo Iraqi sand followed by a Vallejo New wood glaze and then a wood brown oil wash. 

P1090064

P1090063

P1090065

• Like 14

12 hours ago, Dads203 said:

And started on the rear stowage - K Rations, these were a light colour wood treated with linseed oil so I'm trying to replicate this. Base coat is Vallejo Iraqi sand followed by a Vallejo New wood glaze and then a wood brown oil wash. 

Ahhhh, until I read your notes I was wondering why you'd put a couple of neatly trimmed blocks of wood against the model!

Suffice to say the wood effect is really most convincing!

Slowly slowly catch monkey...but very much worth it!

Great work.

• Thanks 1