Tamiya M10

Dads203

3 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

He's right you know;)

Dan - You are being too hard on yourself - I thought that figure/head  was top notch!

Rob

I can do better Rob ;)  it was pushed and ended up looking really overdone so there was only one thing to do matey. 

• Like 1

Must say Dan version 2 is great, think as you say V1 was a little to purple, for want of a better phrase. 

It might have been pulled back with further work but never to the standard you now have.

What do you use to strip them?    .....just asking 😳

Atb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

What do you use to strip them?    .....just asking 😳

I just used a drop of Mr Colour thinners, as the head is resin it’s not going to cause issues and it really removes the acrylic paint from all the nooks and crannies in a few seconds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dads203 said:

I have a couple of W&N series 7's on the way.

Good choice. You can't get better than those for figure painting. I've got a size 3 and a size 000. I use that finer one for eyes.

John.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Looks great! 👍

Now he already deserves a shell... 🙂

Vytautas  

Your wish is my command ;)

P1090317

P1090318

P1090319

P1090320

A bit of mud and dust on his trousers and boots and a blast of matt varnish and this chap is done I think? 

• Like 9

Cheers All,

So my W&N 000 brush just rocked up and nice it looks too ;)

Matt Varnish on the torso and some mud effects done on the lower body parts. A touch of titivation on the face and helmet. 

Might tomorrow have a crack at the eyes :o

P1090327

Last few bits done on the main figure, Colt 45 holster painted up. Mig Ammo Dark and light rust used for the leather. 

P1090326

P1090323

P1090322

P1090325

P1090324

One down 2 to go ! 

• Like 10

Your figures are looking great, I really need to find the time to practice on some. Done well and they can really add something to a model done badly though a great model can be ruined.

I love the Winsor & Newton brushes. Expensive but worth it and if looked after can last for ages. Unfortunately for mine getting cleaned in lacquer thinner reduces their life somewhat. 

Have you seen the Miniature series7s? The bristles are a little shorter and the don't carry as much paint but they do seem to hold a point better which makes them ideal for small details.

RKWEFEUl.jpg

Wayne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

Your figures are looking great, I really need to find the time to practice on some. Done well and they can really add something to a model done badly though a great model can be ruined.

I love the Winsor & Newton brushes. Expensive but worth it and if looked after can last for ages. Unfortunately for mine getting cleaned in lacquer thinner reduces their life somewhat. 

Have you seen the Miniature series7s? The bristles are a little shorter and the don't carry as much paint but they do seem to hold a point better which makes them ideal for small details.

RKWEFEUl.jpg

Wayne

I have to agree with you Wayne, figures really set off a good build if they are well painted. I will only add them if they complement the main event, hence my stripping and repainting that I always seem to end up doing. I’ll have a look for the mini 7 brushes so thanks for making me aware of them mate. 

• Like 1

Your figure looks great mate, have to say I found those Tamiya brushes a real game changer particularly the ultra fine, ideal for eyes and detail work.

They last quite well and keep the point, I always wipe the down with hair gel at the end of the day, L'Oreal studio fibre putty if interested 😉. Apparently it helps to keep the shape according to a YouTube video on brush care at least. 

I see he's given up on his lunch date judging by the filth on his shoes and knees!

Nice work! 👍

Atb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers guys, 

So head No2 :o

Changed my paint from AK to Vallejo, i have a feeling that my AK paint is past its prime as it wouldn't blend very well.

Its started to take on a chalky finish so I've started to experiment with Vallejo, I dug out some of the flesh colours that I have amassed 

and popped them into use.  4 Colours used to keep it " KISS "   Keep It Simple -Stupid !  

P1090328

Who mentioned painting the bloody eyes, some on own up ! ------------   " Parade behind the guard tonight at 21:00 showing thoughts removed "   Get away  you Orrible man !! 

P1090330

P1090331

P1090332

P1090329

So far the face has had 3 layers of highlights added and still needs more, the eye's are um, ahh, err .. The less said the better :frantic: This guy in the gunner so his grid will be buried in the main gun sight 

so its not going to be too noticeable. I shall keep on working on the eyes but if it goes south then I'll bin off that stage.  The paint needs to go in one place but the brush has other ideas :o

For what its worth the eyeball colour is a dark brown, Mig Ammo chipping, the whites of his eyes are the flesh base slightly lightened, white paint is far too stark at this scale. 

Eye Eye

• Like 7

Cheers guys, Rob, never used the stuff so if you have a link that would be handy mate ;)  Just being lazy, I can google it 

So  bit more done , eyes still look like :poop: but its probably all I can do. 

P1090333

P1090334

P1090335

P1090336

P1090337

A bit of 5 o'clock shadow to add yet and some more highlights. 

• Like 5

The eyes definitely have it!!

What do you use for 5 o'clock shadow?

Here's a link to master's rush cleaner - £7 cheaper than Amazon, and lasts forever, and the other trick is to occasionally swill them in some baby oil or hair conditioner

It's pretty essential to keep brushes clean especially W&N S7

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

The eyes definitely have it!!

What do you use for 5 o'clock shadow?

Here's a link to master's rush cleaner - £7 cheaper than Amazon, and lasts forever, and the other trick is to occasionally swill them in some baby oil or hair conditioner

It's pretty essential to keep brushes clean especially W&N S7

Rob

Vallejo dark blue grey Rob 70904 and it works a treat when thinned right down. I'll have a look now for the Brush cleaner, cheers for pointing it out :thumbsup:  ( You missed the link bit though) 

P1090338

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1