Tamiya M10

Dads203

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Lots of praise for the new generation of Tamiya figs, they are pushing the boundaries of IM.

Agree 100%. The set in the new Easy8 are far better than the early ones.

You have to go with whatever method suits you best, and the way that you're doing it certainly seems to be working. Nice work Dan.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vaoinas said:

Yeah, it does look good. 

What is the "washable dust" you're using and how does it work?

Kristjan

Mig Ammo washable dust is just a paint that can be removed with water, great for creating some good effects, just spray on and then remove. Gives you a different effect than chipping fluid, I’m liking this product and can see more uses for it in the future. 

Cheers guys for the great feedback on the build so far :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Dan - my apologies this build has just missed me by :weep:  I've just read the last few pages - Absolutlely blimmin super mate.

Great finish (Agree with you about pigments, and Abteilung oils).  Great build and weathering - looking forwards to the figures and thanks for the nudge about the Dave Parker book.

Just done some figure painting again and I'm reminded how much fun that can be :shocked:

You've inspired me - who builds boats these days :lol:

I'm going to make some time and read this from the start 

Sheer Class  B):coolio:

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers guys,  Slow progress lately as things have been hectic in the Dads household 

and I've like to of been a bit further on with this build. 

Rob @robgizlu  Saw your figures last night mate, great work bud and good to see you back on this side of the forum :thumbsup:

So, added the canvas cover poles to the turret rear and made a start on the stowage, not much else but the painting up 

of the webbing back packs has warmed me up for my figures now. 

P1090208

P1090207

Spare wheels need some dust yet. 

P1090206

Crew seats are getting some love, they will be stowed upright , these are going in last after the ready rounds are fitted into the turret.

P1090209

Just some of the stowage, the two packs took a couple of hours getting the colours and tomes just right, good practice for the crew. 

P1090210

P1090211

And this piece that I got from Amazon for 3 quid, thought is was worth a punt and it's not bad, it did come with another tarp which I might use 

on the rear deck. 

P1090212

Enjoy 

• Like 17

Looking really good Dan you a certainly raising the bar with this one.

Thanks for sharing the link to the Amazon stowage might have too look into those!

Stay safe           Roger

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers guys,  Slow progress lately as things have been hectic in the Dads household 

and I've like to of been a bit further on with this build. 

Rob @robgizlu  Saw your figures last night mate, great work bud and good to see you back on this side of the forum :thumbsup:

So, added the canvas cover poles to the turret rear and made a start on the stowage, not much else but the painting up 

of the webbing back packs has warmed me up for my figures now. 

P1090208

P1090207

Spare wheels need some dust yet. 

P1090206

Crew seats are getting some love, they will be stowed upright , these are going in last after the ready rounds are fitted into the turret.

P1090209

Just some of the stowage, the two packs took a couple of hours getting the colours and tomes just right, good practice for the crew. 

P1090210

P1090211

And this piece that I got from Amazon for 3 quid, thought is was worth a punt and it's not bad, it did come with another tarp which I might use 

on the rear deck. 

P1090212

Enjoy 

Hello Dan

The whole model looks very cool and I especially like the chipping on the turret edge and the decals 👍

The bright steel on the gun barrel is super reproduced and for me it does not look like painted.

Did you use pigments or something like True Metal Wax Color?

Top!

MD

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Hello Dan

The whole model looks very cool and I especially like the chipping on the turret edge and the decals 👍

The bright steel on the gun barrel is super reproduced and for me it does not look like painted.

Did you use pigments or something like True Metal Wax Color?

Top!

MD

Cheers MD,  I used the Aber turned metal barrel for this build so just simply masked off the area with Tamiya masking tape, all simple and easy. ;)

Regards 

Dan 

8 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers MD,  I used the Aber turned metal barrel for this build so just simply masked off the area with Tamiya masking tape, all simple and easy. ;)

Regards 

Dan 

Of course, that's really the easiest way 😁

Have fun!

MD

• Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps for the great comments and likes  ;)

Late one tonight with work so only an hour on the bench.

Cheapo Amazon stowage painted up, well most of it is done at this point. Still wet so I'm going to leave this until tomorrow to do the rest.

Decals to be added to the helmet yet and a few other details to painted up. 

P1090218

P1090217

P1090216

P1090215

For a few quid they are not bad.

Dan 

• Like 13

Bargain on the stowage and it has come out great reminds me I have something in this scale to finish off and nick some of your tips with this build.  :book:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps,  Still working on the stowage tonight, getting all the packs sorted slowly.

A few more areas detailed on the main pack I painted up last night. 

P1090219

P1090224

P1090220

P1090221

P1090222

And the others in the works, two that have been painted are now glossed ready for decals.

P1090223

Enjoy 

• Like 19