Tamiya M10

Dads203

Some great weathering there Dan, especially inside the turret......but! You know that irksome little tic, who always pops up and points out something that you've done wrong? Sorry, but you've put the cooling jacket on the .50 cal, the wrong way round.:mg:

John.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers chaps, been a while since any bench time so I'm here with a bit of an update.

Just working on the turret this afternoon so the pre-shade has gone on, primed first of course.

The eagle eyed amongst you all will notice that i have replaced only a few tiedowns, these are the areas that will probably be not covered with 

stowage. 

Next up the OD green. 

P1090148

P1090149

P1090150

P1090151

P1090152

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Dads203 said:

These pics are for John - @Bullbasket

I got myself paraded behind the guard last night at 21:00 showing Barrel sorted ;)

Cock, hook and look!! The irksome little tic is satisfied. And you didn't have to give it another pull through. The SSM will be pleased.

Can I ask? What did you use for the bare metal around the base of the 3" gun barrel? 

John.

• Thanks 1

Cheers John, 

I used the Aber metal barrel mate, simply masked up the recoil area with tamiya tape and left it in its bare state. The only thing I did was use a wash ( Mig Ammo wash for German Yellow ) at the end of the painted OD area blended in to look like grease and grime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks superb Dan, some brilliant work going on and techniques being demonstrated. 

Good to see you back at the bench, had been beginning to think you'd gone AWOL!

Atb

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Top notch as always👌 
How many days ROP’s did you get? 😂

No ROPs mate just show parade, been told that if happens again then I'm on remedial weapons 

training :o

So turret is now glossed ready for the weathering process to start . just plain ol Tamiya X-22 Clear thinned with Mr Rapid thinners. 

P1090169

P1090170

P1090166

P1090168

P1090167

And I have acquired this little gem, well Lee ( @Longbow ) told me to get it ;)

P1090164

P1090165

I like it alot, its going to be useful for my crappy figures that will be coming up soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5