Tamiya M10

Dads203

13 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I have a large pot of underused Acrylic Mud so I am following your work with a lot of interest.👍

Ditto!

Both, light and dark... 

Wonder if I could print this it all off as a handy "how to guide"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Ditto!

Both, light and dark... 

Wonder if I could print this it all off as a handy "how to guide"?

I bought some, used some and hid the rest in the cupboard of shame. 😀

I may be tempted to use this guide on the Tiger and see what happens. 

• Haha 2

Hey Dan stunning just stunning. As a newbie I really appreciate the way you have shown your work in these easy to follow steps so that one day (!) I might get to use them (and doubtless many others will too) as guidance for my own endeavour's, great work as always and keep it up!

Happy Christmas 🤩

Derek

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas Dan, hope you all remain safe and well. 

Enjoy some down time and perhaps a little refreshment...

Thanks for your super and inspiring builds over this last year and the advice and encouragement freely given out.

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers guys, that’s some great feedback and all much appreciated :thumbsup:

Not had any bench time over the festive season so far but that’s going to change in the next day or so and I should be back at it tomorrow onwards :frantic:

Merry Xmas to you all and stay safe.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers guys, that’s some great feedback and all much appreciated :thumbsup:

Not had any bench time over the festive season so far but that’s going to change in the next day or so and I should be back at it tomorrow onwards :frantic:

Merry Xmas to you all and stay safe.

Look forward to seeing your progress mate and I hope you had a great Xmas Dan 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

More work on the mud, the darker mud tone added and blended in, starting to come to life now 

with some texture and subtle earth tones, a little more work yet but about 80% there.  

P1090078

P1090077

P1090076

P1090079

P1090080

The front has had a quick blast of chipping fluid ready for the dust coat, I'm going to use a fresh bottle of Mig Ammo washable dust, not that I don't trust 

the stuff - but I don't !! The chipping fluid is a bit of extra insurance just in case. 

P1090081

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 10

Good to see you back at the bench Dan, as it Christmas we'll let you off the recent lack of progress!  😉

Could it be like the chipping fluid and hair spray that it only remains workable or chippable / washable when fresh or within a short time frame?

When I used the washable before I washed it off in the same session as putting it on.

Looking great, probably one of the most realistic mud effects I've seen.

Atb

(To early for a Christmas Sunday drinky-pooh yet?)

• Thanks 1

Better and better with each update Dan, the end of the tunnel is in site!

Hope you had a good Christmas and that 2021 is kind to you and yours

Stay safe           Roger

• Thanks 1

Cheers Darryl, I bought one of the first samples of the washable paint from Mig and I tried to wash it off almost immediately, it just didn’t work. Have a funny feeling that they forgot to add the bit that makes it washable in my batch :hmmm:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Have a funny feeling that they forgot to add the bit that makes it washable in my batch 

have you tried using Fairy Liquid missus B tells me it cleans anything even dishes wonder why she keeps telling me that  :hmmm:

Looking Muddy Marvellous Dan I would be happy with 20% never mind 80% about there

Hope you and your family had a good Christmas

Stay Safe and Best Wishes

beefy

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the great feedback chaps, :thumbsup:

Track time, so these tracks had a rubber blocks on which the pins went through, trying a few new techniques so give a bit of

texture to the rubber. They are only test fitted at this point in time and still have a load more processes to go through. 

Paints used for the rubber portion are Vallejo Panzer Aces Dark rubber, Light rubber and Vallejo Dark Grey.

Primed with Halfords finest grey primer and the first base coat  was Mig Ammo Dark Tracks A.MIG-035. 

I then sprayed freehand with no masking Vallejo Dark rubber on the inside and outer face on the track trying to leave the 

Dark Track colour on the guide teeth and end connectors.  Doesn't have to be precise as you can touch up with a brush later. 

P1090089

Main Paints for the rubber sections.  The black sponge is another high tech tool  used later. ;)

P1090090

Base coat for the entire track 

P1090093

I then used the black sponge to to add Vallejo Panzer Aces light rubber, much in the way you use it to chip up paint, I mixed up the dark and light rubber and applied over

the top, building up layers. Dark grey Vallejo was also thrown in to give some contrast. 

P1090087

You can see here the effect 

P1090084

P1090091 P1090092 P1090083

P1090082

They will get some dust and further grime yet, some work on the inner face and maybe some pigments.

Cheers for looking in 

Dan 

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers Beefy :thumbsup:

So a tad of washable dust - last time I used this it wasn't very washable so a new bottle acquired 

and another crack at it. much better now. 

P1090098

P1090095

P1090097

P1090096

P1090094

Enjoy 

Dan 

Nice work Dan......especially like the treatment of the rubber parts. That washable dust product is new to me, must look for that. I have to say for me, the Sherman is tough one to paint......and create interest and depth...nice job on this one. I have a Firefly waiting it's paint job. I'll take some pointers from this one Dan....:yes:

Simon

• Thanks 1

Cheers fellas for the great feedback on this build, still a way to go with it yet 

so the Tiger will have to wait a while longer. I've got a couple of days on this 

which is really good so expect to see more updates.  

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 1

By heck Dan them there tracks look very convincing!

I like the technique,  one I'll try to remember... but will have forgotten by the time I need it!

Result with the washable too, really coming along nicely, the dirt and grubbiness is excellent. 👍

• Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps, now moving back onto the turret and fixing the little details like canteens and things.

The fire extinguisher should be OD green but to add a little colour I've painted it in red and weathered it up slightly. 

The canteen is from a Gen 3 set of dragon figures, painted up and fixed into it's correct position for the turret.

Started painting up the gun mantlet and gun tube,  more weathering and details to be added yet with this area.

P1090105

P1090106

P1090108

P1090109

P1090110

Cheers for looking in 

• Like 8