Tamiya M10

Dads203

7 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

A bit more, mapping out the rust again with Mig ammo paints thinned right down - Mig Ammo medium rust and dark rust 

P1080928

P1080929

P1080930

P1080927

Still needs more :frantic:

I just think the rust needs toning down a bit mate needs more of a dull look imo 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Still needs more :frantic:

No it doesn't..........................my mentor once said to me you know when it's time to stop ...it's when you say "it just needs" that's when you know it's finished.

On a more personal note ....that exhaust looks the mutz nutz well done mate :goodjob:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Andy J said:

toning down a bit mate needs more of a dull look

And again nope ...heat cold cycling on thin sheet steel leaves very bright rust tones ....... oranges and reds are very much the order of the day :bleh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

And again nope ...heat cold cycling on thin sheet steel leaves very bright rust tones ....... oranges and reds are very much the order of the day :bleh:

Maybe I should just concentrate on track building because by the time I'm finished with them my Sherman will be covered in rust of all shades 🙄👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd not seen this thread before Dan, don't know how I missed it. I've just spent an enjoyable 30 minutes or so catching up and am very impressed with your scratch details and the way you approach weathering and general wear and tear. A brilliant build thread.

I also just looked up and watched a video on the AK Washable agent, and it certainly looks as though it could be very useful.

Will stick around to watch and learn and admire!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cracking job there Dan you don't want to go making it too rusty it might end up alongside one of Kev's latest builds  :whistle: in the scrap yard or abandoned

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers chaps,

One thing is that I'll never "Out Rust " Longshanks that for sure !! :frantic:

Tonight's progress, still pretty much a works in progress folks and the daylight bulbs are blowing out the colours a tad,

Its pretty much looking as I wanted it at this stage, just enough pre-shade coming through and a nice faded OD colour to break up the single colour.

P1080934

P1080935 P1080936 P1080932

P1080931

Cheers folks:thumbsup:

Dan 

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Must say Dan, that's looking the part, lovely colour modulation. 

Is it straight Mig US OD?

(Obviously the varying shades of, I ment had you added any other colours to it?)

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Must say Dan, that's looking the part, lovely colour modulation. 

Is it straight Mig US OD?

(Obviously the varying shades of, I ment had you added any other colours to it?)

Cheers

Just the Mig Ammo OD bud, I used the OD base, dark base and light base on the hull so far. On the lower hull some OD shadow under the sponsons, I might just use some OD highlights yet on the upper surfaces I’m not sure yet as it’s easy to over do it and ruin the effect. :frantic:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Just the Mig Ammo OD bud, I used the OD base, dark base and light base on the hull so far. On the lower hull some OD shadow under the sponsons, I might just use some OD highlights yet on the upper surfaces I’m not sure yet as it’s easy to over do it and ruin the effect. :frantic:

Thanks Dan, interesting, and resolves a query, I'm thinking of trying white basing for the next build with shading coming purely from the top coat...Cheers.

• Thanks 1

I think your shading and blending is superb Dan, many moons of practise methinks!  I am looking forward  to attempting just some of the basic skills myself and i do mean basic 😏 And yes no need to worry about being more rusty than Longshanks, he's always been like that and I should know!

Keep up the great work! 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is a real treat Dan, whilst very little of the exhaust can be seen it matters not, we all know it there, really nice smoke staining to btw.

These had the diesel engine didn't they?

Assuming they would be like any other old diesel then plenty of scope for smoke and oil stains. 

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Cheers All, The M10 from what I read is a Diesel engine so plenty more weathering up of this area. I used MRP exhaust stain and MRP Super Matt Black for the staining so far. The MRP Exhaust Stain is really good stuff, really controllable to build up the layers. 

• Like 1