Tamiya M10

Dads203

Cheers Guys,

Slow again today on the progress chart but I have managed to start the main fighting compartment weathering.

Lots more to do yet with some dust and mud to be added. 

P1080890

P1080893

P1080888

Stowed rounds getting a blast of NATO black, were there any markings on the canisters?  

P1080892

Lastly, any of you fine gents used this before? 

P1080894

Thought it might be useful ?

Dan 

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers Guys,

Slow again today on the progress chart but I have managed to start the main fighting compartment weathering.

Lots more to do yet with dome dust and mud to be added. 

P1080890

P1080893

P1080888

Stowed rounds getting a blast of NATO black, were there any markings on the canisters?  

P1080892

Lastly, any of you gents used this before? 

P1080894

Thought it might be useful ?

Dan 

Can't help with any of your questions Dan but that fighting compartment looks wicked. Also the Nato Black looks an interesting colour, I can think of a few uses for that shade must order some 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Yes they did but nothing you need to worry about as it was usually on the lid of the tube..and stated round type, lot number and fuze type and was normally in white stencil the rest of the tube was black ...sometimes very dark olive and even on occasion natural cardboard colour.

spacer.png

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Cheers chaps, once again slow progress on the modelling front. 

A bit more painting done to the areas in the fighting compartment. the spare round canisters

are well underway.  Securing straps will get painted up yet and a jet black oil wash added to the canisters, should make the recesses 

sharper. Paints used so far are NATO black for the base colour and then NATO black with white added to modulate the canisters.

I used some pure matt black for the scratches on one of them so far. The other will get done later. 

Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil (Off White) used to pick out the bottom clamps and the bulkhead between the two sets of rounds, these will get some chipping 

yet. 

P1080896

P1080897

P1080898

Cheers for looking in 🙂 

Dan 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Slow progress gain this week I'm afraid chaps :o

Had a few issues over the weekend that ruined my bench time so hopefully I'll grab a bit more this week. Bloody ticker playing up again :frantic:

Stowed ammo now in place and more weathering happening, turret ring is now painted Tamiya Lacquer silver and had some Nuln Oil treatment. 

P1080899

P1080901

P1080902

P1080904

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 13

Sorry to hear you've not been to well lately, hope you're back to full fitness soon.

M10 coming together now soon have the turret fitted and on to the next project.

Stay safe        Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andy J said:

How about i send you over my Meng Sherman tracks Dan plus the duck bills, a nice easy job for you to help you relax and chill out 🤔😉👍

That would be lovely Andy, they will  look great on the M10 fella ;) Very generous of you mate and the duckbills will be a great addition , but what will you use on the Sherman ?

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

That would be lovely Andy, they will  look great on the M10 fella ;) Very generous of you mate and the duckbills will be a great addition , but what will you use on the Sherman ?

Nooooo once completed they must be returned to sender that's the deal 😉 👍. Actually I had considered purchasing after market tracks however having Laurel and Hardy watching my every move I'd never live it down so hours of pain and suffering await me i suppose 🙄

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

A quick question to throw out to those in know;)

Turret fire extinguisher - colour ? OD or red ? My googlefoo has turned up nothing that I pin it on 

Same extinguisher is used by the USAAF on the B17's and they are red, the one picture I found for an AFV extinguisher was OD green ? 

Confused ... Just a bit 

11 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Nooooo once completed they must be returned to sender that's the deal 😉 👍. Actually I had considered purchasing after market tracks however having Laurel and Hardy watching my every move I'd never live it down so hours of pain and suffering await me i suppose 🙄

These are the tracks you want to build for the Sherman if you want to feel real pain Andy, None of that Meng stuff and they come with Duckbills !! 

P1080698

P1080699

P1080700

P1080701

On completion you get a nice Cert from the University of Crazy stating that you are officially  "Radio Rental " and that they are looking forward to you starting 

the next widow licking course. :frantic: 

I only have these to complete to get my Cert, Ignore the Type 60, I couldn't be bothered moving it. 

P1080905

Wibble !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

These are the tracks you want to build for the Sherman if you want to feel real pain Andy, None of that Meng stuff and they come with Duckbills !! 

P1080698

P1080699

P1080700

P1080701

On completion you get a nice Cert from the University of Crazy stating that you are officially  "Radio Rental " and that they are looking forward to you starting 

the next widow licking course. :frantic: 

And I thought i had it bad jeez like they say there's always someone worse off 🙂👍

It's the attention to detail in the minutiae that really sets this apart Dan, lovely jubbly!

34 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

That's nice of Andy, remember possession is 9/10 of the law....

Sorry to hear it's been a rough weekend, hope your on back on the level.

Atb

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

It's the attention to detail in the minutiae that really sets this apart Dan, lovely jubbly!

That's nice of Andy, remember possession is 9/10 of the law....

Sorry to hear it's been a rough weekend, hope your on back on the level.

Atb

I have been known to be generous Darryl just not very often 🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Only if you've been a very bad boy and you feel the need for purgatory! 

Cuokoo! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Only if you've been a very bad boy and you feel the need for purgatory! 

Cuokoo! 

I guess every village has one 🤪

• Haha 2