Tamiya M10

Dads203

A tad of bench time finally, so just pre-shading the M10 ;)

Been rather busy with other 1/1 house type projects, new patio, drive way and the boiler packed up so 

with a day or so clear of trades smashing up the house I've gotten some work at the bench done. 

P1080862

P1080859

P1080858

P1080860

P1080861

More later ... I hope :o

• Like 12

Good progress Dan,can I ask what colour you've used for the highlights on your pre shading? And i notice you add the tools early in the build, does that not make painting them difficult? Sorry for the questions mate but if you don't ask..............🙂👍

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

Good progress Dan,can I ask what colour you've used for the highlights on your pre shading? And i notice you add the tools early in the build, does that not make painting them difficult? Sorry for the questions mate but if you don't ask..............🙂👍

No problems, the black is just Tamiya NATO black over Tamiya Primer, as for the tools --- Easy 

Slide a post it note in behind it ;)

P1080284

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

No problems, the black is just Tamiya NATO black over Tamiya Primer, as for the tools --- Easy 

Slide a post it note in behind it ;)

P1080284

Thanks Dan much appreciated. Another simple tip to add to the collection, brilliant mate thanks 🙂👍

• Like 1

Adding a bit more pre-shade, I was just using up the white that i applied to the inside so it will be interesting 

to see how it turns out under the OD green. 

P1080866

P1080868

P1080865

Weapon of choice for the OD finish,  One colour but several tones to be used. :o

P1080869

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Adding a bit more pre-shade, I was just using up the white that i applied to the inside so it will be interesting 

to see how it turns out under the OD green. 

P1080866

P1080868

P1080865

Weapon of choice for the OD finish,  One colour but several tones to be used. :o

P1080869

Do you thin the mig paint Dan or spray straight from the bottle?

Just now, Andy J said:

Do you thin the mig paint Dan or spray straight from the bottle?

I’m using an Iwata TR-1 with a 0.3 needle and I have to thin them slightly, not much though. My first go I thinned them 40-60 thinner/paint and really over thinned them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

I’m using an Iwata TR-1 with a 0.3 needle and I have to thin them slightly, not much though. My first go I thinned them 40-60 thinner/paint and really over thinned them. 

And what do you use to thin  them with Dan?

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Vallejo thinners I found works well for me, the newer stuff (clear) not the old milky stuff :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan much appreciated no more questions mate...............well not tonight anyway 🙂👍

• Like 1

Paint, and not before time!

Lovely tidy work on the pre shading, interested to see how you get on with the Mig US OD. I use the same and can't help think it's a bit dark, I even missed out the dark base 925? and lightened the highlights. (Its what I painted the Meng M4a3 in that will eventually get the whitewash). To my eye at least it just doesn't appear green enough, as I say that just my opinion and I'm no expert.

Interesting idea with the turret, at least with the boxes/counter weights you don't need to worry about a visible seam once assembled. 

Looking forward to seeing it painted. 

Cheers

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Vallejo thinners I found works well for me, the newer stuff (clear) not the old milky stuff :thumbsup:

Sadly, the milky one is the only one that I have, and I haven't been impressed with it. Did you find that the tip clogged?

John.

Just now, Bullbasket said:

Sadly, the milky one is the only one that I have, and I haven't been impressed with it. Did you find that the tip clogged?

John.

Hi John, it’s terrible stuff mate, all my Vallejo issues a few years ago were due to the thinners. They changed the formulation a few years ago for the better and now it behaves. I binned all the old formula. 

• Thanks 1

Just an FYI.... The Vellejo clear airbrush thinner is just 95% IsoAlcohol mixed with water. 

The mix is 1/3 IPA and 2/3 water. 

I tend to buy a large bottle of the IPA, (Hard to find right now due to COVID) and use two thirds of it as airbrush cleaner, and then top off the bottle with bottled water once I reach 1/3rd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

The Vellejo clear airbrush thinner is just 95% IsoAlcohol mixed with water. 

Good to know Lee. I've got some IPA (no, not the beer), so I'll mix some with distilled water and give it a go, and dump the milky stuff.

Thanks for the info.

John.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Gun breach painting ;)

Just had a brown wash and still wet. 

P1080877

P1080876

P1080875

P1080871

Going to add the buffed metal recuperators from bare metal foil once its all dry 

Cheers for looing in chaps 

Great timing Dan I have a gun breach to deal with soon and your chipping is much better than my choc chip attempt 😉👍

• Thanks 1

Smashing bit of black and white base dan , and the start of the od looks superb, that mig paint thins down nicley with mr hobby laquer thinners too, I've even used it with cellulose thinners when I've ran out of mr H 

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps,

Working on the fighting compartment floor this morning, a bit of chipping so far,

still loads to do to this yet. It will get a brown oil wash and some pigments later. 

P1080880

P1080879

P1080878

Started on the rear bulkhead, again lots to do with this yet. just the basics done.

P1080881

P1080883

Cheers for looking in ;)

• Like 10

Cheers Andy :thumbsup:

Next up for the floor is a brown oil wash, next up will be some oil and grime added and then some dust pigments. 

P1080884

And a bit more on the bulkhead, Brown, Black and while oil colours used with some chipping 

P1080885

P1080886

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 9