Tamiya M10

Dads203

Just now, Jasper dog said:

I do know of procrastination but really, still no tie downs..... 

I know, me bad :whistle: I’ll have to sort them before the next update, I just hate doing them, did I tell you that before ? :frantic:

7 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

I know, me bad :whistle: I’ll have to sort them before the next update, I just hate doing them, did I tell you that before ? :frantic:

Yes you are, and you might have alluded to having a slight aversion to them but it's no excuse!

Says I, completely ignoring the fact I've left most on my Chally....which I really must finish...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

A wiff of paint is still paint and I do like what you've done with the ammo boxes.

I do know of procrastination but really, still no tie downs..... 

Atb

You can't hurry perfection Darryl 🤣

Stay safe     Roger

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Hamden said:

You can't hurry perfection Darryl 🤣

Stay safe     Roger

Flippin heck Roger, don't give him excuses, I'm trying to encourage and cajole him nicely....the weighted sock is there but only as a last resort!😉

• Haha 2

Cheers guys, 

I used evergreen half round strip stretched over a tea light to get the right size, For the ammo box, it keeps its profile quite well when you carefully stretch it out. I used Tamiya quick setting extra thin cement to glue it as it flashes off really fast, the plastic doesn’t have time to melt too much so it keeps its definition well.

Not sure why Tamiya missed this detail as it’s on the real thing :hmmm:Still it’s an easy thing to correct. 

• Like 4

Well Dan this is coming on very nicely indeed....like the extra detail on the ammo storage boxes and i see your doing the bolts and washers for the spare wheels...and finally a whiff of undercoat...must feel nice to be getting near the end of the tunnel build wise, not long now and it's fun time with the final finishing touches. Great stuff mate:D

• Thanks 1

Very poor update tonight, been mad busy with life so this is just to prove 

I'm still working away on this build ;)

Tie downs  !!!

P1080846

P1080847

P1080849

Current state of the build ... Like a junk yard !! 

P1080851

Cheers for now 

Dan 

• Like 13

Every little bit helps Dan as I'm currently finding out 🙂👍. I had to smile at the pic of your work bench looks remarkably similar to mine 😆👍

• Thanks 1

Strewth mate, your turret has collapsed, I generally find Tamiya Extra Thin is quite good....

Things must be desperate if you've started on the tie downs, not running a temperature I trust!

Cheers

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Current state of the build ... Like a junk yard !! 

I wish my junk yard looked like that the missus has just complained about it again but I told her I know where everything is so keep off and that was just before I ducked to avoid the feather duster  :whistle:

Looking great so far Dan  👍

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

Cheers Guys,

been a while since I've managed any time at the bench, so another micro update I'm afraid.

Started on the tool tie downs, still need to add the axe and pick head straps.  

P1080852

Chain for the securing pin on the track adjusting wrench lock.

P1080853

And the headlight dust caps brackets, the lights are removable so these things stored the dust caps for when they are removed. 

P1080854

P1080855

Not much more than that chaps :o

Dan 

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Geo1966 said:

What do you use for the tie down straps please?

George

I use the foil from a jar of Nescafé Azera Coffee , it’s free ;)
The buckles are from an old Eduard PE set, M113 I think, it had plenty of straps 

with buckles, just cut off the buckle and CA glue it onto the foil strap. 

• Like 2