Tamiya M10

Dads203

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Yes, I had one also on Monday. I've got to the stage now when I start to reverse the digits.........so now I'm 47.

John.

Happy belated reverse birthday John :cake:, September is always a good month mate ;)

Cheers chaps for the feedback on the build so far chaps, we are getting close to paint now which is always exciting. Hopefully more of an update later. 

50 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Happy belated reverse birthday John :cake:, September is always a good month mate 

And to you Dan. September is a good month. It's SWMBO's on the same day. She's 10 hours older than me and BOY! does she hate it when I tell people that I'm her toy boy.:wicked:

John.

• Haha 4

It was your birfday ....another .......you and John...hope you both got nice pressie's ....buildable pressies........awesome a little older and wiser.....can't be a bad thing ....belated happy birthday Dan hope you had a good one :cake:

• Thanks 1

Small update tonight again, just adding more detail to certain areas, the gun breach has had more parts added 

like the shields either side if the breach, trigger bar added. I've also added the grab handle seen on many M10's 

on the front deck.  Added the locking pins to the .50 cradle, chains later. 

Enjoy 

P1080785

P1080784

P1080785

P1080787

P1080789

P1080786

Stay safe 

Dan 

• Like 8

Cheers chaps :thumbsup:

Anyone got any decent pictures of the small .50 rd ammo box for the .50? 
these seem common on the early M4 Sherman’s and the M10’s. I’ve not been able to find any that are of use. 

Dan 

3 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Looking very nice Dan ....is it time for paint yet......is it is it ?  :D

Not quite yet fella, still more detail to add, you know how it is ;)

Thinning down some of the kit parts. front step is first. 

Before 

P1080785

After 

P1080797

Same script for the rear light guards, tape to protect the surrounding detail. 

P1080795

P1080791

P1080793

A bit better on the tail lights but still more to do with these yet. 

Turret tie downs exterior and interior, front light guards, tow rope, and detailing up the suspension plus a few other bits to sort before primer but its getting closer.

Cheers for stopping by folks.  

Dan 

• Like 11

Great idea with the lamp guards, better than photo etch which imho is to thin. (My excuse and I'm sticking to it!).

I should really mark all your builds somehow so I can refer back to them / shamelessly pinch ideas from!😉

4 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Looking very nice Dan ....is it time for paint yet......is it is it ?  :D

He's so needy, jeeeez!

• Haha 2

Cheers chaps, 

More detail work on the turret interior, elevation and traverse hand wheels now fitted to the turret and breach.

A few more details added such as the commanders trigger return springs, gunners trigger button on the traverse hand wheel ,

couple of pads on the breach shields. I'm procrastinating on the tie downs.. I hate them :o My least favourite bit of any build.

P1080809

P1080808

P1080810

P1080811

P1080799

P1080802

P1080803

Cheers for looking chaps 

Dan 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Dads203 said:

P1080810

One of the clocks is slow Dan. One says 7 o'clock, and the other says five minutes past.:giggle:

Good luck with the tie downs.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers guys, I don’t suppose any of you chaps have any pictures of the 50 rd ammo box that the early M4 Sherman’s and M10’s used ? 
Been looking but nothing found of use. 

Cheers 

Toying with the idea of using this as basis for a diorama. Its been kicking around in the stash for a few years 

and insulating my loft for most of that time.  Plenty of ideas brewing at the moment on what else I can use on the base in terms of figures. 

A bit of an action shot with the M10 engaging a PZ IV or something with some supporting infantry getting into cover.

P1080814

P1080813

P1080812

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Toying with the idea of using this as basis for a diorama. Its been kicking around in the stash for a few years

Can i be brutally honest Dan .....a modeller of your caliber shouldn't be using premade diorama stuff like this ....grab a bag of casting plaster and do it yourself .....keep that awful quick fix kicking around ...there vac formed and the detail is washed out poorly defined and certainly not at the standard of the model your gonna place on it....you will be disappointed.....you will feel like you cheated....and worst of all you will waste valuable time which could have been better spent doing something worthy of that M10...just my two cents

Love what your doing with the M10 bud but the base is a mistake

With the greatest of respect........ Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, M3talpig said:

Can i be brutally honest Dan .....a modeller of your caliber shouldn't be using premade diorama stuff like this ....grab a bag of casting plaster and do it yourself .....keep that awful quick fix kicking around ...there vac formed and the detail is washed out poorly defined and certainly not at the standard of the model your gonna place on it....you will be disappointed.....you will feel like you cheated....and worst of all you will waste valuable time which could have been better spent doing something worthy of that M10...just my two cents

Love what your doing with the M10 bud but the base is a mistake

With the greatest of respect........ Steve

Cheers Bud,

I did think it was a bit of a cop out to be fair  and its a bit big for what I had in my mind, I want to just show off the M10 really and a few figures so a smaller base is better. I'm decided I think 

on where I'm going to go with this one now. ;)

• Like 1

I knocked this out last night for my sherman ...tools used ....a ruler a darning needle and two desert spoons of plaster....took an hour with the airbrush to lay the basic colours down and i will finish this by this afternoon....cost nothing and looks the bees knees with the vehicle and a figure

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The bogies on the Sherman are not handed ....so you can put the left on the right and vice versa....the four holes are for the return roller assembly ...dependant on what side you fit the bogie depends on which bank of four bolts you use to mount the roller on........the U.S wanted commonality with as much of the chassis as possible......mass manufacturing at it's best. :D 

Edited by M3talpig
  • Thanks 1