Tamiya M10

Dads203

Right chaps, I'm a bit stalled on the 43, so much scratch building that i feel that I need to do build something a bit less challenging.

I've selected this little beauty, one that my very good friend bought me a few years ago, Longshanks, so take a bow fella ;) I know you've been waiting 

to see this get done.  After my holiday to Normandy I'm a bit inspired to build something that would fit in with the trip. 

Next to no AM will be hurt in this build but I'll do some light scratch work just to work things in my own way. 

I built a Sherman back in 2016 and really enjoyed the build so this will be a second WW2 build for me.

P1080669

A Small amount of AM, nothing too serious (At this point), Its more so for the crew.    

P1080670

P1080671

Shall probably make a start over the weekend, Panic ye not, I'll be back on the 43 after this but I feel I need something a bit straight forward for a week or so. 

Regards

Dan 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ivan-o said:

A likely story if ever I heard one😀

Takom bergpanzer springs to mind

Did you not see the let out clause in post 1

13 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Next to no AM will be hurt in this build but I'll do some light scratch work just to work things in my own way.

We'll see how things progress but I know a superb replica will rise from Dan's bench!

Roger 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Longbow said:

Whatever you do, don’t attach the upper and lower hull without the drive sprocket in place. 
The sprocket won’t fit under the hull overhang without removing the drive sprocket pin. ;)

That sounds like a hard lesson learnt.

• Like 1

Cheers Chaps,

Had an hour at the bench yesterday and managed to get this done, I must say that Tamiya raised the bar with these newer releases,

Fits perfectly and is very well engineered.  Like the rear idlers that are done in such away that you can tension the tracks, they have allowed the use of AM tracks from the initial design 

which is great to see. 

P1080672

P1080673

P1080674

P1080675

P1080676

P1080677

More later chaps 

Dan 

• Like 16

Nice start Dan... looking forward to seeing this one develop and stealing tips for the interior (will be applicable to the M20 Greyhound in terms of painting/weathering)

• Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps, 

@Mike - Armour is where the action is mate ;) I'll probably dip in and out of Aircraft for a change but AFV's are my main subject. 

50 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Come on Dan what's the hold up ...i thought it would be at painting stage by this time..... you sleepin on the job. :D

Two words :-   "Running Gear" 

Why did the allies and the axis powers love a simple suspension setup eh ? I mean the Germans really took it to the extreme but 

us poor modellers suffer :o

One track done, one to do 

P1080689

P1080690

P1080691

Digging about the other Sherman type vehicles in the stash I found these, I got them from a box of second hand figures, probably Telford one year in the past.

I reckon they are US Army WW2 type gear?  I think Verlinden ? 

They do look suitable to me. 

P1080692

Cracking on with the other track now :thumbsup:

• Like 8

Well blow me I blink while doing some chores around the house and you have nearly built it must be a catch somewhere :coolio: 

will get the notebook ready OK I ll catch up  :book:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1