AFV Club Centurion Mk 3 1/35

Yet another cold war icon; the Centurion.  As mentioned, it's a bit gimmicky with work suspension but rubber tracks but I really enjoyed the build.  The instructions asked for FS34102 but the closest I could find by Mig was forest green, but I like the way it came out.  Weathering is minimal as it is based in Hong Kong.  I read somewhere that they couldn't use the roads at the hottest part of the day and off road they got stuck in the paddies so they didn't do much.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, M3talpig said:

ohhh that's rather nice and somebody from my neck of the woods. :goodjob: 

Alas I'm the other end of the county in Deal.  If I was any more East I'd be French.  In fact on a clear day I can see France from the beach.

That's a fine looking Mk.lll. The green looks OK, but just as a matter of interest, they were still being painted in SCC15.

I know what you mean about the tanks and tarmac roads. My brother was stationed in Cyprus with the HLI at the time of the EOKA uprising, and he said that on every bend in the roads where the tanks had been, the tarmac was pushed up into a heap at the side of the road.

John.

10 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a fine looking Mk.lll. The green looks OK, but just as a matter of interest, they were still being painted in SCC15.

I know what you mean about the tanks and tarmac roads. My brother was stationed in Cyprus with the HLI at the time of the EOKA uprising, and he said that on every bend in the roads where the tanks had been, the tarmac was pushed up into a heap at the side of the road.

John.

I thought so but I went with AFV Club as I hoped they knew what they were talking about.  They also had the Korean War version in the same colour.  

Bill