F-86D HELLENIC AIR FORCE 1/48 REVELL paintbrush

nikos

Brilliant work! Never noticed that the Greek airforce flew the D- version. Very interesting and not even mainstream. 
it is a pity to see the abandoned plane there, but it is also inspirational for another diorama!

thx for sharing 

Andy 

Very nice build and diorama!

I never knew the F-86D ever flew in that kind of camouflage in Hellenic service. I thought that was only applied when they became decoys or gate guardians. Or am I confusing with the F-86H?

Edited by ivand

No you dont confuse , I had the same impression too. Until I saw the wreck in Agrinio airport in Greece where there is the tail squadron signal and the green-brown colours. The decoys and gate guardians had nt the squadron signal. They were not sensitive to sit down to paint the signal. They passed them a brown and green and black on the muzzle and that's it

Edited by nikos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have done a great job, it looks superb in Greek colours.

I`m pretty sure I saw one of these in the Sedes airfield museum when I was `working' there in the early 90`s at the time when the Balkan`s went a little bonkers!! They definitely had two earlier F-86`s, an F-102, a Noratlas and a couple of Dakota`s which I had a look around during some down time,...... I also got a look around the scrap yard which used to be in the centre of the airfield (and liberated a few Dakota pieces!) as well as getting a tour around two of the Dakota`s still flying from this historic airfield.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1