F/A-18 STGB Chat

Anatol Pigwa

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/01/2021 at 21:43, trickyrich said:

Gosh I'm just hanging out for the release of this one!!!  :wub:

Meng Model's new 1/48th F/A-18E.......looks like it's going to be an amazing model!

http://www.meng-model.com/en/contents/59/318.html

LOL - do not follow links ... Added to the wish list and 1st GB & build of 2022 planned

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well the Meng FA-18E is on the way   :yahoo:  .....  and hopefully will be here soon!!!

But it may have to wait as I found this the other day, and being my old squadron I just had to have it.

IMG_5576-L.jpg

So a Hasegawa Growler is on the way as well...... and probably some AM stuff as well when I get to it. She will look nice with my Phantom and RF-111C.

• Like 4

On 13/12/2020 at 09:48, Mr T said:

I have an Academy CF18 that is less than 25% bjilt and some nice decals so could I join please? 

Sure! The CF-18 are always a welcome subject.

I am actually inclined to waive the 25% rule for this STGB. I find it rather daft to be honest, unless there is a prize attached, then it makes sense to "level the field" I guess. But if there are no prizes attached., whom am I to forbid you to finish/refurbish a model which might linger on the shelf of doom for ages otherwise?

Edited by Anatol Pigwa
  • Like 2

Anatol, please add me to the F/A-18 STGB list. I'm very much a new member here, and have only recently returned to the hobby (I'm now retired) after over 25 years since my last build; my skills are very basic, but I'm eager to participate, and challenge myself to make the best model I can. I was planning on getting a Hornet next anyway, after my current build I've just started (Italeri 1:72 RAF Tornado GR. 1 [Operation Granby]).

Edited by Charles H

• 3 weeks later...

these little goodies were waiting for me when I got home from being away with work.

IMG_5584-L.jpg

IMG_5585-L.jpg

That new Meng model looks amazing, I'd love to build that one, but the Growler is going to be the one for the build in 6 SQN 100th anniversary scheme (note it's the RAAF's 100th Anniversary this coming Thursday).

I can't wait for this build to come around

• Like 3

On 3/28/2021 at 6:49 AM, FortyEighter said:

Rich, surely you can build both of them??

haha...

knowing me and GB's I'll have probably signed up for 2 others that will be on at the same time! But by some miracle there's no other GB's going on at that time that interest me.........

• 3 weeks later...

I'm keen. Currently working on an Eduard Superbug kit (first kit in 20 years) and am keen to give it either an RAAF or Top Gun Maverick stablemate in the not too distant future.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick question I have the 1/32 Revell F-18E you still.got space for more to join in?

Edited by Deano353
  • Like 1

Just now, Deano353 said:

Just a quick question I have the 1/32 Revell F-18E but I'll not be starting it for another month or so, is it ok to join the group build or am I too late?

This GB doesn't actually start until Jan, so you've got plenty of time to build that one and acquire another.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, helios16v said:

This GB doesn't actually start until Jan, so you've got plenty of time to build that one and acquire another.  :thumbsup:

Hahaha I realised after lol I'll save it and maybe get some aftermarket for it I sure there's loads. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Welcome Deano353!,

There is always room for another Bug in the GB! I am so looking forward to zour big one. Any idea as to which operator you intend to portray?

No clue yet to be honest I'll have to check out who is using them maybe Luftwaffe if there are any photos of the German ones at that time or possibly USN.

53 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Unfortunately our great government decided not to purchase Hornets, but to get more Typhoons. So no German Hornets 😪

You could always do a counter factual (what if) .... it would look nice in modern day Luftwaffe colours.

5 hours ago, coneheadff said:

Unfortunately our great government decided not to purchase Hornets, but to get more Typhoons. So no German Hornets 😪

They did not purchase the Hornet yet, it is election year after all, but they will be most likely purchased in 2022, right in time for the STGB. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deano

What-ifs are acceptable as far as color schemes, user nations, and loadouts go.

So if you want to do a Swedish F/A-18 in splinter camo and an RBS-15 loadout, or even an Ace Combat or Idolmaster one  thaat's fine. 

Does this answer your question?

• 1 month later...

Sign me up. I have the Hasegawa F/A-18F which I'd like to do in VFA-2 colours, the Revell F/A-18E in VFA-31 regalia, or maybe even the old Hasegawa F/A-18A which I could do in a variety of flavours (CAF comes to mind). All in the proper scale of course.    :)

Cheers,

Bill