Flt Lt John Dundas's 609 Sqn BoB Spitfire R6922 15 Sep 40

22 hours ago, Fatcawthorne said:

Thanks Sidders, you're not wrong about the footy, being an East Londoner most of my old mates are "Happy Hammers".  Christ I'm so glad I didn't make any cocky half-time phone calls!!!!  The only upside of having a sore throat eh!?

Funnily enough, my 9 year old nephew who’s a Spurs fan decided to do just that by phoning his West Ham supporting Grandfather after each goal. I think he realised that wasn’t so cocky and was in tears when his Grandfather reciprocated with his third and final phone call! 

However as an Arsenal fan I feel your pain after the Newcastle game back in 2011 when we were 4-0 up and drew 4-4.

Spit looking fantastic!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 10:17 PM, Doccur said:

Paint job looks glorious @Fatcawthorne.

I’m building Bader’s version of this with the black and white undersides and hope I can produce something of a similar high standard with mine! 

Cheers,

Ash

On 10/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, Sidders said:

Funnily enough, my 9 year old nephew who’s a Spurs fan decided to do just that by phoning his West Ham supporting Grandfather after each goal. I think he realised that wasn’t so cocky and was in tears when his Grandfather reciprocated with his third and final phone call! 

However as an Arsenal fan I feel your pain after the Newcastle game back in 2011 when we were 4-0 up and drew 4-4.

Spit looking fantastic!

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Unfortunately despite a really determined effort to make the deadline I just failed to get over the line, and everything I seemed to do on the last day pushed me 3 steps back rather than the intended 2 forward.  This was due to some medication for my chest infection that caused shakes like I've never had before, so now they're out of my system and I've gone as far as I can mojo-wise I've finally called end-ex to this build. I'm not 100% happy with it but good enough is good enough this time.

DSC-0433.jpg

DSC-0434.jpg

DSC-0435.jpg

DSC-0436.jpg

DSC-0437.jpg

DSC-0438.jpg

Anyways onwards and upwards to the next build, I hear the siren calls of the Interceptors GB calling me!!

Until the next time, stay safe and well out there.

Chris

• Like 3