Pocher Lamborghini Aventador - Super Detailing

Sean007

There have been many who start a post on the Pocher Lamborghini Aventador 1/8 scale model, few seem to finish.  I aim over the next year to actually finish one.  

For this Blog I'll be working on two Pocher Lamborghini Aventadors.  A Coupé and a Roadster (Drop top).

I will also be using the following references and guides while Super Detailing the models:

Paul Koo's reference material:

https://shop.autographmodel.com/Paul-Koos-DVD-for-Pocher-1-8-kits-Lamborghini-Aventador-models

and 

Tommaso Iuele's Super Detailing kits

https://tommasoiuele.wordpress.com/2015/05/15/new-transkit-lamborghini-aventador-pocher-18/

Wish me luck 😀

I'm going to start with the engines as that'a where a lot of work goes...

The raw rocker cover...

spacer.png

Drilling out one of the 42 bolts, 0.6mm bit and trusty Tamiya drill.  It's better to drill out first as you know where the centre of each bolt is. Another 126 to go...

spacer.png

More to follow 😎

• Like 2

That's where I'm going yep, I just need to source the paint I want for this, and have to put in the connector junction boxes in at the right end of your picture...

Also need to cut/shunt the sump properly so the gaps are correct...

What colour silver did you do the end blocks?

It's a fascinating model for super detailing...

Before fixing the bolts I used a couple of mist coats of Zero Textured Black on the Rocker Covers...gives them more depth IMHO.

Paints for all the Ali parts on the engine were from the Vallejo Metal Colour range...they are superb through the airbrush...add 3 drops of thinner to each cup full of paint on the airbrush...at 18-22 psi.

Straight up...

IMG-1282.jpg

And lightly weathered...

IMG-1279.jpg

Ron

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Yes it's coming on...

4 rocker covers washers and bolts nearly all done, not yet finished, along with the tools and 1 of the PE sheets...as a friend said yesterday - this will take years...

172 washers and 172 Bolts...

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

PE bits and PCB connectors from Radio Shack for the end wiring harness connectors.

spacer.png

The PCB connectors fit the holes in the PE exactly.

Next will be a 0.25mm saw blade to separate the pins, painting, then fitting to the rocker covers.

By accident I discovered excellent "nude" engine photos on eBay...Definitely worth a look.

And a test fitting, as you can see this engine will be in "used" condition...

spacer.png

Once the rocker covers are done, soon I hope, I'll start working on the engine block (major filling in and stuff) and sump.

I can't believe the sump is modelled in 3 bits.  Watch this space... :)

Edited by Sean007
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sean007 said:

PE bits and PCB connectors from Radio Shack for the end wiring harness connectors.

That’s a great find. I might copy this on a future build.

10 hours ago, Sean007 said:

By accident I discovered excellent "nude" engine photos on eBay...Definitely worth a look.

Could you provide the link to where you found them?