greetings from the United States

butlers

All,

Greetings from the United States of America!

I am utterly amazed at the level of craftmanship and precision on this forum.

...and generosity. I became a member solely so I could sing the praises of member nimrod54. He generously sent me decals (across the Atlantic Ocean, no less) to help me complete my 1:144 scale "Top Gun" lineup. I plan to post here:
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/87-ready-for-inspection-aircraft/

Alas, I never became a pilot myself, but I did end up serving in uniform (US Marine Corps), so I suppose the US Navy's marketing strategy worked! Now just another suburban dad, getting back into modeling after a ~30 year hiatus (when my grubby 10 year old hands tried putting together a snap-kit AH-64 Apache and failed spectacularly). 

Respectfully,
butler

Edited by butlers
  • Like 5

Hello Butler...:post1: from Chicago by the lake, I salute your service sir. Ive been a member here for just a bit over 3 years and have been on the receiving end of that same generosity more than I can say. If I can help with anything let me know. 

Dennis

Welcome on deck!  I like your profile picture!  You look good with a mustache and mutton chops!  But seriously, this is a very civilized forum, and the folks who comprise it are of all skill levels.  I have seen references to stuff here I never knew existed, so enjoy the journey, and congrats on the 1/144 line-up.