RAF Sky Pirate Buccaneer , Granby XM533 Glenfarclas Airfix 1/48 -additional pics!

done in the fantastic but unfortunately bit too short Bucc GB this summer :) voting for the other more successful finishers is still on by the way! (till 09/21/2020 )

Ingredients:

Airfix Buccaneer  1/48 

Neomega resin cockpit

Kits World Decals

Master Pitot

Eduard PE (very limited)

Brassin Paveway II CUP 123

britmodeller input :) 

patience

WIP here

9kJRW19.jpg

b8Fsb7Q.jpg

8AGBtGJ.jpg

3tyXseZ.jpg

DdkYkPP.jpg

1sD3NXc.jpg

PcusaPT.jpg

eQR12hl.jpg

hope you like her!

cheers, 

Werner

• Like 48

Hi Werner,

a very nice Bucc. Looks nice in its desert pink camo (although personally I prefer the wrap around camo :winkgrin:). Had the chance to see XW547 in Hendon 2 years ago and this machine certainly has an impressive presence.

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

thanks everybody!

On 9/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, Shorty84 said:

a very nice Bucc. Looks nice in its desert pink camo (although personally I prefer the wrap around camo :winkgrin:). Had the chance to see XW547 in Hendon 2 years ago and this machine certainly has an impressive presence.

thanks, you know, the wrap around scheme not really fit my decal selection ;) I saw one done in Cornwall 25 years ago... as a gate guard, do not remember exactly were, but its shear size made an impression on me!

YKgTI0L.jpg

more likely I do another Pirate if another RAF one :D !

but my double boxing has either a Navy or a SAAF Bucc if I understand correctly!

some more pics, today in better sunlight:

WRbxxca.jpg

QXTZ7am.jpg

Ls1AOrp.jpg

bPF7fQ4.jpg

zOaFfmg.jpg

cqYREBc.jpg

open -closed 

JJj165q.jpg

thanks, 

Werner

• Like 6

Lovely. I'm desperate to do a 1/48 Granby Brick, but it seems Airfix are unlikely to re-release this kit, and I'm growing old waiting for the promised Tan Model one.......

Ho hum....I'll just have to gaze at yours!

Q

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This kit gets a lot of criticism, but I keep seeing it built to a fantastic standard. Goes to show how modelling skill and some perseverance means a kit doesn’t need to fall together for a great model.

Well done Werner.

23 hours ago, Filler said:

This kit gets a lot of criticism, but I keep seeing it built to a fantastic standard. Goes to show how modelling skill and some perseverance means a kit doesn’t need to fall together for a great model.

Thanks, :)

It is difficult, but not impossible! There are really great builds out there!

Detail is lacking a bit though...

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Werner. Wow! Very impressive build and finish! Very well done!

Thanks, 

At the cost my T-34 unfortunately... ;)

On 9/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, Dr. Quack said:

Lovely. I'm desperate to do a 1/48 Granby Brick, but it seems Airfix are unlikely to re-release this kit, and I'm growing old waiting for the promised Tan Model one.......

Ho hum....I'll just have to gaze at yours!

The TAN model kit..

I was to use it in this GB..... :D

On 9/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, Ron Pearcy said:

Whilst on that subject does anyone know of the progress of the 1/48 Tanmodel Bucc?

Tan model seems still active, but for whatever reasons concentrstes on Turkish/ homemarket kits... hope they will survive!

On 9/13/2020 at 10:27 AM, Vulcanicity said:

Beautiful Bucc and a good choice of whisky :)

I see you used "patience" in your build, do you have any idea where I might find some? I find it hard to get hold of... 😛

Never tried Glenfarclas... but sure  helps finding patience ;)

On 9/15/2020 at 6:28 PM, Gary Brantley said:

It does indeed have great presence and is very "business-like" in that livery.   It makes want to add one to my stash.  🍺

Indded, it is a BIG model... just look at the not so small bombs, they are hard to notice under these wings!

Seems it was an outstanding assset as well!

Add one to your stash... but do not leave it there fir too long, do not be scared  it is just a model plane that needs a bit of modelling! Not like Lego or a Tamiya Tomcat 

:beer:

:pirate:

• Like 1