1/35 - ZSU-23-4M Shilka by Zvezda - released

Homebee

Zvezda 1/35th surprise release in 2020. All bets are off. 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits/posts/2665811490188305

Mi-24 "Hind" ???? or most probably (sigh) as the "Hind" are just in the image background another bin on wheels or tracks (re-sigh)?  ZSU-23-4 Shilka ?

Hello and good evening!

Today we have a riddle for you! Soon we will release one kit, which was not in our catalog.

Can you guess what this model is?

119117339-2665805526855568-3036223943575

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Looks like ZSU-23-4, but I wonder if it's a new tool or a rebox.

Seeing the upside-down flag of Hungary, I did hope for an SA-6 for a moment as the one from Trumpeter has some issues like the lack of the wheel position offset and the missiles being too thin (based on training rounds).

I think they're bringing out a 1/35th scale Mountain. Rumour has it that it will be a (very reasonable) £4,000 when released. I may have to remove a section of my house's roof to accommodate it. It's a very good job that it never, ever rains in the UK. 

Chris.

PS: Some tiny parts of this statement may not be entirely truthful.....

• Haha 6

I don´t understand of this choice. DML Shilka is kit from cold war era, and today is on market Panda and Meng....  Zvezda make  nevest russian AFV kits for good money, and now released  this vintage kit ? Strange :( 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:27 PM, janneman36 said:

Or a mountain goat 🤣 they make me curious .....

cheers, Jan

Shoot ..no goat 🐐 I was looking forward to a good Afghani goat as they come in a lot very different schemes as well🙄
Well we have to go hunting with the Shilka then and I hope it still works as I understand that this version of kit is rendered obsolete by most people!

cheers, Jan

5 hours ago, AlCZ said:

I don´t understand of this choice. DML Shilka is kit from cold war era, and today is on market Panda and Meng....  Zvezda make  nevest russian AFV kits for good money, and now released  this vintage kit ? Strange :(

Sorry,

Although I personally hate the phrase, I'm going to quote it here (before anyone else does)........"Because the Panda and Meng kits of the ZSU-23-4 Shilka do not make any money for Zvedza". Personally, I will look forward to this one and see how it compares with the Meng kit that I recently acquired. 

• Like 1

Besides, Panda doesn't have a Shilka in their range. The Meng kit had a competitor (or, as some said, a supplement, as I recall reading that to make an accurate Shilka one should mix Hong and Meng kits) from a brand called Hong Model, for which was the first and the last release and it doesn't seem widely available now. Furthermore, both Meng and Hong kits had/have a 50-60 euro price tag, whilst Zvezda's rebox of Dragon kit will probably cost circa half of this, which for many people will be decisive factor...

• Like 1

But Zvezda make new kits in good quality and have good price policy... So is strange, they re-box of vintage DML and don´t  make a new tool Shilka. Meng is relative expensive, and new tool Shilka from Zvezda i probably bought, but outdated DML kit isn´t  my choice...

But maybe isn´t Shilka a popular subject for new tool kit...

• Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - ZSU-23-4M Shilka by Zvezda - box art - released
  • 2 weeks later...

Partly I guess because Zvezda are primarily looking at cheap kits of Russian subjects for the Russian market.  Partly because DML and Zvezda have a past relationship history with re-boxing, with each other and with Italeri.  Partly because Hong and Meng probably wouldn't do business with Zvezda - although additional sales are additional sales, and if someone else is doing the marketing.........

I must admit I had hoped this would be an all-new kit as Zvezda's recent stuff has been OK and reasonably priced, and they've started introducing link and length tracks.  Those Dragon moulds go back to 1991, although new parts have been added for different versions,

• Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - ZSU-23-4M Shilka by Zvezda - released