AS189 - Public Service Announcement

Big_Bad_Bill

Ok, I'm putting this up so other people don't end up feeling a complete burke as I did.

I bought an AS189 compressor as my first ever one last year. The instructions say to adjust the pressure by turning the black knob on top of the regulator. It wouldn't budge so I left it as not to break my new toy and adjusted using the double action trigger on the brush instead. Imagine my surprise whilst looking for something at the weekend I come across a video where they adjusted the pressure but they lifted the knob before turning it.  The instructions didn't mention that.

Tried it and it works.

Let the ridicule begin...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 months later...

They really should have mentioned the need to pull the control up before turning it. Maybe they thought it was too obvious to need spelling out! It isn't....

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/01/2021 at 14:58, bmwh548 said:

Doesn't it actually say that on the knob? 

I went and checked mine, and it doesn't actually say that. Or, almost, anyway 🙂  Mine says "Push to lock", so I guess that's almost the same as "Lift to unlock". In my (and others) defense, though, it's really hard to read. Small print, dark and semi-obscured by other parts.

• Like 1