New TV series: 'Emergency Rescue: Air, Land and Sea'

Jonners

Hi folks,

There is a new documentary TV series about to start that might be of interest to aviation buffs.

Following the same format as the current fad for UK police/ambulance/RNLI programmes, 'Emergency Rescue: Air, Land and Sea' will in part showcase the work of the Coastguard search and rescue S-92 / AW189 helicopters and crews.

The series will have a Sunday evening slot at 9pm on More4 starting on 13 September (ie this coming Sunday).

Jon

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, Truro Model Builder said:

Anybody remember the superb series Rescue in about 1989-1990 following 'D' Flight at RAF Lossiemouth? They were onboard one of the first helicopters to respond to Piper Alpha.

I've still got the book, in addition to Piper Alpha they captured a number of other notable missions including the fire on the Ocean Odyssey drilling platform in October 1988 and the recovery of two ditched helicopters; some of the film crew were also onboard when ine of the flight's Sea Kings crashed on Creag Meagaidh in January 1989

On 9/9/2020 at 7:15 AM, Jonners said:

Following the same format as the current fad for UK police/ambulance/RNLI programmes, 'Emergency Rescue: Air, Land and Sea' will in part showcase the work of the Coastguard search and rescue S-92 / AW189 helicopters and crews.

It's a shame that these types, together with the Coast Guard's fixed wing types, are hardly (if at all) represented in model form, they would make very colourful additions to the display shelf. 

And thanks - duly programmed on series record.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Richard E said:

It's a shame that these types, together with the Coast Guard's fixed wing types, are hardly (if at all) represented in model form

I couldn't agree more! There are plenty of S-92 operators and lots of impressive colour schemes to choose from, but as very few of them are military unfortunately I suppose it wouldn't be seen as commercially viable. 

10 minutes ago, Richard E said:

duly programmed on series record

I've heard that a closet BM'er makes a cameo appearance in Episode 1 and has hands on sticks for a Lakes mountain rescue team job in Episode 5. 😁

Jon

Edited by Jonners