1:48 Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk.I, 139 Sqn RAF Wyton

While I'll confess to not being very impressed with the actual airplane, your model is very impressive. Paint and weathering are most believable.

Lovely job and well weathered!  👍

My Airfix Blenheim Mk. 1 sits on the model workshop shelf patiently awaiting me to open the box and get started, but I've got a Cessna Crane and PT-27 Stearman on the go before I focus on that.  In the absence of any indication from Airfix that they will produce a Mk.IV variant, I've resolved to graft the forward nose section of my failed Classic Airframes kit onto the Airfix Mk. 1.  Let's see how that goes.  I'm planning to create a Fairchild Bolingbroke Mk.IVTT target tug variant from RCAF Patricia Bay, BC in 1946 in all of it's weathered, beat up, put-out-to-pasture-awaiting-Crown-Assets-Disposal glory...

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the very kind words. It really is a super kit. Very forgiving for a relative newbie like myself, who is still surprised how good tyres look when you paint them dark grey rather than Humbrol 33 Black. A great one to cut my teeth on. And thanks to everyone who posts their builds in the WIP section, it's where I'm picking up so many new techniques!

What's next? Well, the K5054 I started in Jan took three months. (pre CV19, remember the 'before' times? 😟😷)  This build took 6 months. I fancy something fairly quick and simple now! My lovely better half bought me the Revell Apollo 11 Columbia and Eagle for my birthday. A subject I find fascinating, but a kit that I would normally pass on by. I'm looking forward to a change of subject.

50012932933_d9791b238e_z.jpg

Happy Birthday me by Mike, on Flickr

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

... and you have cracked your photography issues, well done.

I'm occasionally asked to impersonate a photographer at work, so it was about time I pulled my finger out and used some of that ill gained know how on here. And I'm too lazy to set up a studio with lights 😂 

We use Canon 5D at work, which make the 450D I have here at home look like a dinosaur, but with a good 50mm prime lens and a couple of adapter rings it can still get good results.

Very nice indeed,..... I`m just building one myself and have been impressed so far. Was going to do a bomber but changed my mind, now doing a Battle of Britain Mk.If fighter instead! 

Nice to see one built up and finished,..... so well too.

Cheers

Tony