1/72 HOBBYBOSS Super Lynx 300 Mk100 Royal Malaysian Navy

STSS

I have always wanted to build the RMN Super Lynx. The Malaysian Navy owned 6 of these. They are of the 501 Squadron based in Lumut, Perak, Malaysia. 

Started this little project over the lock down period and voila it is now complete. As you can see, there have been many add ons, through scratch buildings. The base was additively manufactured (white pla) using Ender 5 pro. The frigate base was from coastalkits (bonded and blended with the base). The base kits were 1x HobbyBoss 1/72 Super Lynx (RN) and backed with a Mk88 (German Sea Lynx) to give me the 2 Sea Skuas/to create the folded tails. The engine bay for mk100 conversion was from a Malaysian company (named Naza Model Art). I used a lot of Tamiya epoxy putty for the scratch build. Enjoy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Shakir (Southampton)

Edited by STSS
Link Fixed
  • Like 23

5 hours ago, aidy said:

Fantastic work on your Lynx. Always good to see one built.

By the way, I did those decals for Naza, can I share your pics on my Facebook page?

Hello Aidy,

Thats interesting. I must admit, he didn't give me any with the resin kit. So the decal was from Air Graphics (Westland Lynx in World Wide Service). By all means, spread the love!

Shakir

Edited by STSS

5 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

incredible build! Hard to believe the scale!

I may have busted my eyes doing those tiny details on them. 

Edited by STSS
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Very nicely done. I truly like the display!

Thank you for your kind words. I struggle initially with the colour scheme for the base. I call it 'tropical cammo' this.